What did you do to your YJ today / lately?

If you think a CJ5 was scary to drive, try a flat-fender with 1-1/2" wide springs and narrow axles!
You just get used to it..
Don’t worry the nanny state will keep everyone safe. Can’t make Jeep’s like that anymore, or 3 wheelers, or anything else that may require a little effort to master.

Reactions: jeepjoe43
If you think a CJ5 was scary to drive, try a flat-fender with 1-1/2" wide springs and narrow axles!
You just get used to it..
I got used to the 5 and it wasn’t scary most of the time but it was squirrelly past about 65 and there was definitely no chance of a quick maneuver without rolling. That was the main thing that would bother me if I were to drive something like that long term, hoping I never needed to maneuver quickly. People say a YJ or a TJ can’t handle stuff like that either but I’ve definitely not found that to be the case. A YJ handles like any other SUV in my experience unless the parts are all worn.

I don’t doubt for a second that a flat fender is a whole different experience from everything after it.

I put in under hood LED lighting. Previous owner took the stock one out or at least it’s not there. The connector is though. Pretty happy with it.

Reactions: machoheadgames
I put in under hood LED lighting. Previous owner took the stock one out or at least it’s not there. The connector is though. Pretty happy with it.
View attachment 118875
I like it! I did underhood lights too using KC cyclones and a home brew mounting setup using aluminum channel and camera pivot supports. Wired them to a hood ground switch but I will probably add a manual cutoff.

My thread on it was here: KC Hood Light

Did an LED strip setup on my Frontier’s hood a few weeks ago. It came with a manual button switch and I tied the ground to a hood pin as well so it’s automatic and can be shut off if needed. It’s already come in handy like 5 times.

65773827-342A-4DFC-B424-BDCB0332BCEE.jpeg

I like it! I did underhood lights too using KC cyclones and a home brew mounting setup using aluminum channel and camera pivot supports. Wired them to a hood ground switch but I will probably add a manual cutoff.

My thread on it was here: KC Hood Light

Did an LED strip setup on my Frontier’s hood a few weeks ago. It came with a manual button switch and I tied the ground to a hood pin as well so it’s automatic and can be shut off if needed. It’s already come in handy like 5 times.

View attachment 118876
That’s awesome . Love it. Looks good.

Surprised this thread doesn’t get more use.

This pst weekend went through the front 30 axle of Luci’s ‘95 2.5.

New seals, hub assemblies, u-joints, Crown Performance extended brake lines,
Black Majic Pads and Rotors(no comparison) and new NAPA E-Coated calipers.

Make sure you properly break in your BMB pads!

Also drained, cleaned and refilled the rear 35 for general maintenance purposes.

Previously rear axle received all new brakes and extended lines.

The YJ is ready for the nice weather and Luci to come home from college as a graduate and enjoy summer work in the YJ

Attachments

• IMG_6336.jpeg
    IMG_6336.jpeg
    540.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6335.jpeg
    IMG_6335.jpeg
    688.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6334.jpeg
    IMG_6334.jpeg
    527.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6333.jpeg
    IMG_6333.jpeg
    964 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6332.jpeg
    IMG_6332.jpeg
    855.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6331.jpeg
    IMG_6331.jpeg
    745.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6330.jpeg
    IMG_6330.jpeg
    875.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6320.jpeg
    IMG_6320.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • 73594496687__207DC09F-28A1-4ED6-8EB2-BBF27CFAEFBC.jpeg
    73594496687__207DC09F-28A1-4ED6-8EB2-BBF27CFAEFBC.jpeg
    648.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6338.jpeg
    IMG_6338.jpeg
    770.3 KB · Views: 12
Surprised this thread doesn’t get more use.

This pst weekend went through the front 30 axle of Luci’s ‘95 2.5.

New seals, hub assemblies, u-joints, Crown Performance extended brake lines,
Black Majic Pads and Rotors(no comparison) and new NAPA E-Coated calipers.

Make sure you properly break in your BMB pads!

Also drained, cleaned and refilled the rear 35 for general maintenance purposes.

Previously rear axle received all new brakes and extended lines.

The YJ is ready for the nice weather and Luci to come home from college as a graduate and enjoy summer work in the YJ
Looks good. However, I will say, I prefer stock style extended brake lines over Crown. Crown is great quality, but since they are not formed in any way, they like to just hang out and hit whatever unless you find a way to secure them. The stock style lines have the same metal bits as stock, just longer on the metal and then the rubber follows the same path as stock. I personally consider that a better design.

The lines I am referring to are sold by Centric and Raybestos on RockAuto. They make all 3. They are for 4" lift but will fit less lift as well, you can bend the metal portion as needed so that it all works.

Reactions: Weasellee
Looks good. However, I will say, I prefer stock style extended brake lines over Crown. Crown is great quality, but since they are not formed in any way, they like to just hang out and hit whatever unless you find a way to secure them. The stock style lines have the same metal bits as stock, just longer on the metal and then the rubber follows the same path as stock. I personally consider that a better design.

The lines I am referring to are sold by Centric and Raybestos on RockAuto. They make all 3. They are for 4" lift but will fit less lift as well, you can bend the metal portion as needed so that it all works.
Unfortunately my cell phones camera is shattered but it’s fun to share.
As far as the lines I’ve had good luck with these before but Honestly i spent all night last night looking for something “better” for my LJ. Ordered the Russell brand from Quadratec because they were in stock and $100 for all 3.
I will definitely check this out. Share a link if you have.

Thanks
Brian

Unfortunately my cell phones camera is shattered but it’s fun to share.
As far as the lines I’ve had good luck with these before but Honestly i spent all night last night looking for something “better” for my LJ. Ordered the Russell brand from Quadratec because they were in stock and $100 for all 3.
I will definitely check this out. Share a link if you have.

Thanks
Brian
Pretty simple, just go through the typical rockauto process, get to the Wrangler and choose brakes, brake hose section. Has front left, front right, and rear. Choose the one with 4” raised suspension in the description.

They sell them for the TJ/LJ too. A lot of TJ guys buy the YJ lines because the YJ stock lines are longer, but if you go with the TJ version, it’ll fit better. Makes more sense to get the TJ version for raised suspension instead of YJ lines for a lifted TJ.

IMG_4553.jpeg

Picked myself up a really nice work light from Milwaukee so I can actually see what I’m doing. Working on putting the dash back together.

Heater control panel is back in. I hate that thing. Heater box itself is up next. Maybe tonight, but probably more like tomorrow. At least I can see what I’m doing now.

Pretty simple, just go through the typical rockauto process, get to the Wrangler and choose brakes, brake hose section. Has front left, front right, and rear. Choose the one with 4” raised suspension in the description.

They sell them for the TJ/LJ too. A lot of TJ guys buy the YJ lines because the YJ stock lines are longer, but if you go with the TJ version, it’ll fit better. Makes more sense to get the TJ version for raised suspension instead of YJ lines for a lifted TJ.
The new lines are staying in the YJ they worked out great and actually sit nice. I did find the line you speak of on Rockauto and ordered it up for the LJ. Thanks again

View attachment 122918

Picked myself up a really nice work light from Milwaukee so I can actually see what I’m doing. Working on putting the dash back together.

Heater control panel is back in. I hate that thing. Heater box itself is up next. Maybe tonight, but probably more like tomorrow. At least I can see what I’m doing now.
Dash work makes me tired and thirsty