What did you do to your YJ today/lately?

If you think a CJ5 was scary to drive, try a flat-fender with 1-1/2" wide springs and narrow axles!
You just get used to it..
Don’t worry the nanny state will keep everyone safe. Can’t make Jeep’s like that anymore, or 3 wheelers, or anything else that may require a little effort to master.

Reactions: jeepjoe43
If you think a CJ5 was scary to drive, try a flat-fender with 1-1/2" wide springs and narrow axles!
You just get used to it..
I got used to the 5 and it wasn’t scary most of the time but it was squirrelly past about 65 and there was definitely no chance of a quick maneuver without rolling. That was the main thing that would bother me if I were to drive something like that long term, hoping I never needed to maneuver quickly. People say a YJ or a TJ can’t handle stuff like that either but I’ve definitely not found that to be the case. A YJ handles like any other SUV in my experience unless the parts are all worn.

I don’t doubt for a second that a flat fender is a whole different experience from everything after it.

I put in under hood LED lighting. Previous owner took the stock one out or at least it’s not there. The connector is though. Pretty happy with it.

Reactions: machoheadgames
I put in under hood LED lighting. Previous owner took the stock one out or at least it’s not there. The connector is though. Pretty happy with it.
View attachment 118875
I like it! I did underhood lights too using KC cyclones and a home brew mounting setup using aluminum channel and camera pivot supports. Wired them to a hood ground switch but I will probably add a manual cutoff.

My thread on it was here: KC Hood Light

Did an LED strip setup on my Frontier’s hood a few weeks ago. It came with a manual button switch and I tied the ground to a hood pin as well so it’s automatic and can be shut off if needed. It’s already come in handy like 5 times.

65773827-342A-4DFC-B424-BDCB0332BCEE.jpeg

I like it! I did underhood lights too using KC cyclones and a home brew mounting setup using aluminum channel and camera pivot supports. Wired them to a hood ground switch but I will probably add a manual cutoff.

My thread on it was here: KC Hood Light

Did an LED strip setup on my Frontier’s hood a few weeks ago. It came with a manual button switch and I tied the ground to a hood pin as well so it’s automatic and can be shut off if needed. It’s already come in handy like 5 times.

View attachment 118876
That’s awesome . Love it. Looks good.

Reactions: machoheadgames