What did you do to your YJ today/lately?

Finally got these beautiful floor mats in. They are surprisingly enough, Rugged Ridge/OMIX Ada brand. I would have never expected such a nice quality product from that company of typically garbage quality products. Well, I suppose they could still disappoint me if they don't fit the jeep well, but based off my memory of the Jeep floorboard they look perfect. They had 5 star reviews which is why i tried them, because otherwise I would have been too skeptical. They also were the most complete kit I found. Lots of kits skipped the back passengers feet mats, or the one under the backseat "cargo" mat. This was a complete kit so I decided to try. They are really heavy and appear to be EXCELLENT quality, so I'm glad to finally receive them.

Now I just need to get off my arse and finish up the interior so I can actually install them. I feel like I have more parts in my house than in my Jeep. It's getting old.

I will be peeling the 4 oval stickers off. I don't like marketing logos on my vehicles if I can help it. Did the same in all my trucks with the big red and black Weathertech logos. Blech.

IMG_1458.jpeg

Finally got these beautiful floor mats in. They are surprisingly enough, Rugged Ridge/OMIX Ada brand. I would have never expected such a nice quality product from that company of typically garbage quality products. Well, I suppose they could still disappoint me if they don't fit the jeep well, but based off my memory of the Jeep floorboard they look perfect. They had 5 star reviews which is why i tried them, because otherwise I would have been too skeptical. They also were the most complete kit I found. Lots of kits skipped the back passengers feet mats, or the one under the backseat "cargo" mat. This was a complete kit so I decided to try. They are really heavy and appear to be EXCELLENT quality, so I'm glad to finally receive them.

Now I just need to get off my arse and finish up the interior so I can actually install them. I feel like I have more parts in my house than in my Jeep. It's getting old.

I will be peeling the 4 oval stickers off. I don't like marketing logos on my vehicles if I can help it. Did the same in all my trucks with the big red and black Weathertech logos. Blech.

View attachment 118636
Those do look nice.
LOL on more parts in the house than the Jeep, I can relate!

• Haha
Reactions: machoheadgames
Those do look nice.
LOL on more parts in the house than the Jeep, I can relate!
It's about 25 lbs of rubber, so definitely a decent amount of heft to them. Should help hold the carpet, aka "fluff" down for me nicely! :ROFLMAO:

Yeah it's gotten way out of hand....in the house, in the garage, tools and wiring stuff everywhere, it's awful. I've just ended up in so many projects that it didn't really make sense to put anything back up. And of course there is nowhere to put parts "up" to, except on the vehicle they belong to. Can't do that unless the vehicle is ready for them sooooo, yeah. With finally receiving that switch panel though, that will go a long ways to fixing this problem. Only thing now is I have to actually get out there and do it all.

Reactions: jeepjoe43
It's about 25 lbs of rubber, so definitely a decent amount of heft to them. Should help hold the carpet, aka "fluff" down for me nicely! :ROFLMAO:

Yeah it's gotten way out of hand....in the house, in the garage, tools and wiring stuff everywhere, it's awful. I've just ended up in so many projects that it didn't really make sense to put anything back up. And of course there is nowhere to put parts "up" to, except on the vehicle they belong to. Can't do that unless the vehicle is ready for them sooooo, yeah. With finally receiving that switch panel though, that will go a long ways to fixing this problem. Only thing now is I have to actually get out there and do it all.
I just banged my elbow on a ball joint replying to this thread! :LOL:

• Haha
Also ordered some resistors from Amazon so I can play around with the brightness on my switch LEDs. I decided on Amazon mainly because they were cheap and had perfect reviews, and amazon ones are what I have in my side markers too, so should be good. I was going to use the Newark ones Joe suggested, but I couldn't find kits with a bunch of different ones I could play around with to see what I like best. So I figured a big kit from amazon for $13 with tons of different ones and good reviews, was probably best course of action.

I receive them tomorrow so I can get straight to work experimentin'.

Also ordered some resistors from Amazon so I can play around with the brightness on my switch LEDs. I decided on Amazon mainly because they were cheap and had perfect reviews, and amazon ones are what I have in my side markers too, so should be good. I was going to use the Newark ones Joe suggested, but I couldn't find kits with a bunch of different ones I could play around with to see what I like best. So I figured a big kit from amazon for $13 with tons of different ones and good reviews, was probably best course of action.

I receive them tomorrow so I can get straight to work experimentin'.
Yup, if you had ordered from a supplier, you would have probably bought $2.00 of stuff and $8.00 in shipping.

Yup, if you had ordered from a supplier, you would have probably bought $2.00 of stuff and $8.00 in shipping.
Yeah probably would have waited a week for them too and not received near as much quantity. This kit I bought is 1000 pieces and has probably 30-40 different ohm ratings to try (1/2W kit). Hard to go any other way with it really.

And I thought I had a problem with shit all over the shed, attic, yard, patio, and every seat in my Jeep.

And I thought I had a problem with shit all over the shed, attic, yard, patio, and every seat in my Jeep.
Lol nope, it is not just you. I have a back seat in my office, a passenger seat on my couch, drivers seat installed, carpet on a table, mats on the living room floor, wiring crap everywhere, dash panels stuffed in random kitchen and bar cabinets. It pretty much is guaranteed to happen, especially once you start taking so many parts off and have nowhere to put them. And it’s even worse when the projects turn long term. I haven’t had dash pieces in my YJ in probably 11 months.

Lol nope, it is not just you. I have a back seat in my office, a passenger seat on my couch, drivers seat installed, carpet on a table, mats on the living room floor, wiring crap everywhere, dash panels stuffed in random kitchen and bar cabinets. It pretty much is guaranteed to happen, especially once you start taking so many parts off and have nowhere to put them. And it’s even worse when the projects turn long term. I haven’t had dash pieces in my YJ in probably 11 months.
OMG is this funny, as Jeff Foxworthy would have put it "transmission in the bath-tub" kind of guys!
I've got most of front axle sitting on the floor right behind me, and 3 lunch-box lockers in the kitchen!
Falling out my chair here!

• Haha
I have been working on getting to my water pump because it decided to start leaking everywhere. While I had eveything out of the way, I figured it was a great time tochange out the valve cover gasket.

It was alot easier to do than what I thought, the hard part was the cleaning. I spent all day today removing gasket that was stuck on inside of the head and valve cover. Oh and this mess:

Before
View attachment 118532

After
View attachment 118533

I bought a fel pro gasket. It is pretty thick, lined up really well and should help with alot of my leaky oil problems.

View attachment 118534

View attachment 118535

I also learned a little dirt dobber decided to make nests in the grease holes of my shackles..

View attachment 118537
View attachment 118538
It's part of the fun! It's similar to Major Payne taking apart guns while hanging up side down and trying to put them back together before his nose starts to bleed.
Hahaha you hit that right on the head. Nice one!!! I feel the exact same way. If your going to rebuild why not do the whole jeep?

OMG is this funny, as Jeff Foxworthy would have put it "transmission in the bath-tub" kind of guys!
I've got most of front axle sitting on the floor right behind me, and 3 lunch-box lockers in the kitchen!
Falling out my chair here!
It’s true! My brother and I rent the house together and my automotive mess drives him crazy…..poor guy

Not a lot I can do about it, but he certainly does not believe me when I say “the mess will be cleaned up when I finally finish the jeep!” He doesn’t think the Jeep will ever reach that point lol.

• Love
Hahaha you hit that right on the head. Nice one!!! I feel the exact same way. If your going to rebuild why not do the whole jeep?
It can be a pain working on so much of the Jeep at once but sometimes it certainly makes sense to dig in and tackle as much as you can at once. I had a ton of projects going on at once, really glad to be done with that. I still have a lot of stuff left to do but it’s mostly all sequenced, not just a million things to do at once as one giant parts project mess.

Reactions: Justin Schuring
At this point, it seems that it is happening. Can't even start the Jeep to test the cooling because fuel pump pooped out. Perfect timing.

While I have that off I can finally change my rear shackles. My Jeep has had an inch lean in the front for 3 months now.

Reactions: Justin Schuring
At this point, it seems that it is happening. Can't even start the Jeep to test the cooling because fuel pump pooped out. Perfect timing.

While I have that off I can finally change my rear shackles. My Jeep has had an inch lean in the front for 3 months now.
You can change the shackles with the tank in place just fine, although yeah it’ll be easier with the tank out.