Fuel Pump Opinions

My Pops was a machinist at one point and he left me a bunch of small, thin machinist files. id say a few of them would fit perfect between the tabs to clean them up. They are pretty ugly lookin and are not helping things at all.

My Pops was a machinist at one point and he left me a bunch of small, thin machinist files. id say a few of them would fit perfect between the tabs to clean them up. They are pretty ugly lookin and are not helping things at all.
I did the best I could with a box cutter. It was the smallest thing I could find. All I could clean was the top where most of the corrosion was.

Looking at the before and after, I would think you got them good enough. Might go through and clean all of them now, guaranteed the rest are all in the same condition. ideally pull the relays and hit the terminals with electronic cleaner once or twice a year to try and keep the corrosion and nastiness at bay. Electronic cleaner is similar to brake cleaner in that the power it comes out of the can provides a cleaning effect to some degree. Just like the spray of brake cleaner works loose dirt when it hits it.

Reactions: SirDoopYJ
Vinegar on a small paint brush can be worked down in there. Let it set several min. Then repeat. Do this a few times, then rinse out real well with the spray cleaners. I personally like to finish with some WD40 to help inhibit oxidation.

Reactions: SirDoopYJ