Fuel Pump Opinions

If that is the problem, pull the relay box up off its mount, pull the loose terminal out from below, and pry the locking tabs so that it firmly pops back into the box.

If that isn’t the issue and it’s more like a bad contact with the relay issue, then you may need to get some terminals and crimp one on

None of the terminals were loose. Where can I get terminals like that? Are they the 6.3mm? Nothing appeared on Napa. I may have to order them off amazon.

I don't remember what terminals they are, and I've seen multiple forum people on various forums say YJs use a specific terminal and then another person says they use a different type. So I'm not sure what is actually correct. Anywho, so if the terminals aren't loose, and jumping them worked, then do you just need to put in new relays?

I thought you felt the relay click previously which would indicate the relays are working and that your pump didn't work since it didn't power up at that point. Although, when you turn the key, the ASD relay also triggers. Maybe that is the relay you felt, since it's in close proximity of the fuel pump relay. You may have felt the vibration from one transfer to the box and make it feel like the fuel pump relay clicked when it didn't.

Something else you could do is make sure the horn works with it's relay, then drop it into the fuel pump spot and see what happens.

Reactions: Flyer58
My horn hasn't worked since day one. I pulled that relay out and it is in a parts box somewhere because I assumed it was broken when testing my fuel pump at another point in time. I did switch around the other relays. My ASD, starter, and I think the ABS are all the same 5 pin relay.

As far as I remember every single relay is all the same part number, which yes happens to be a 5 pin although I believe all of them use them in 4 pin style. Doesn't really matter though.

is the horn actually bad or do you know if it's another issue like the relay or wiring? Pretty simple to fix the horn usually once you decide you want to fix it.

I haven't really looked into the horn yet. Could be the wiring. I pulled my vinyl horn button off and the ring underneath is covered in rust.

Here is how the contacts look. 2nd socket from the top. Maybe they could use a cleaning?

20211011_191116.jpg

20211011_191111.jpg

20211011_191105.jpg

20211011_191025.jpg

I can say with certainty that every electrical connection needs cleaning. All my relays were corroded and even the headlight and tail light plugs were bad.

Yep, I am glad it wasn't the fuel pump. I wasn't ready to drop the tank. I am sure the fuel pump could still use a changing though.

I had some loud noises coming from the power steering when I turned the wheel. This was resolved with adding more fluid.

Well, good to see you can postpone tank work a while. Also good to hear the steering is no biggie. What’s next?

Lol, I am going to enjoy it for the next week or two. The weather is "suppose" to be getting nicer.

I will be checking my oil levels to see if my valve cover gasket was the main issue. I received my new oil pan. It has the sensor hole in the side with no bolt, so I will have to buy a sensor for it. So the next major thing will be changing the oil pan, gasket, RMS, and placing in the girdle bracket.

I should also be getting my winch plate this week too! Can't wait to get the Jeep stuck for no reason and use it.

• Haha
Reactions: jeepjoe43
Lol, I am going to enjoy it for the next week or two. The weather is "suppose" to be getting nicer.

I will be checking my oil levels to see if my valve cover gasket was the main issue. I received my new oil pan. It has the sensor hole in the side with no bolt, so I will have to buy a sensor for it. So the next major thing will be changing the oil pan, gasket, RMS, and placing in the girdle bracket.

I should also be getting my winch plate this week too! Can't wait to get the Jeep stuck for no reason and use it.
Did the same thing with my first winch!
I mean it had to tested, right?

Reactions: SirDoopYJ