'92 Jeep YJ (Jurassic Build)

Thank you so much~ now if the heat wave would just ease up a bit, might get it on the road again! ;)

It has been pretty toasty. I get mine out on the weekends, doorless and topless. My issue besides the heat are these heavy rain pop ups out of no where. It does cool me off, but when I get to where I am going, it looks like I am wearing a diaper. :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

While scouring the United States Craiglslist in evey city looking for the Sahara seats, a fella on the Jurassic forum said he had everything that I need~ he's a jurassic nut. So, I bought just about everything from him: All correct seats, factory used carpet, radio, fog lights(front and rear), center console, etc.

This was his picture and I knew there was going to be a lot of cleanup and repairs.
View attachment 116928

The carpet, I spray it with spray n wash, then pressure washed it and allowed it to dry~ it came out good, or better than expected.
View attachment 116929

View attachment 116930

The seats were filthy, but I'm not complaining, but I repaired this first and the seat foam beneath it. I then removed all seat upholstery and washed each in a large sink of warm soapy water followed by a cold rinse and allowed to air dry.
View attachment 116931

Wasn't long I had all pieces in place and looked really nice!!
View attachment 116932

View attachment 116933

The original seat back bags were in very poor shape, so I made some new ones and they came out really nice;)
View attachment 116934

I did have my wheels sandblasted and I'll get to them next week, so painting the red parts should be next week, or soon I should say!
getting there;) However I have enjoyed the journey!
dne'
Can you tell me what you did for that side seat repair? How did you find the fabric/color match? Most jeeps with this interior are destroyed or have splitting like this and would love to know where you sourced the materials from...many thanks!

Last edited:
Sorry, went to be earlier than usual last night~ Spitfires are a cute little car~ mine is a '73 Triumph TR6, but I transplanted a '99 Miata engine/trans with a Nissan differential. Basically a Miata with a TR6 body! ;) What are your plans for your Wrangler? ;)
dne' ;)

View attachment 116394

View attachment 116395
I know this is a Jeep forum, but that TR6 is beautiful! The British racing green is classic. Great car! * Great posts about your Jeep project too. I'm taking notes as I begin my frame replacement.

Thank you for your wonderful comments!! ;)

It's been a while now, but a few months ago I wanted a small trailer to pull as I don't want crap in my JP18, but do want to be able to use the vehicle to get things. So that's where the trailer comes in. I found a 1946 civilian military trailer, a Ben-Hur, paid way too much for it, but they're not just jumping out at me~ however I would have prefered a Batam, but this popped up.

My plans were pretty simple, recondition it, paint it to match my Jeep in the Jurassic style. The trailer was in pretty sad shape. The floor was "OK", has a large rust hole, but I left it alone. Fabricated new trailer tongue, new lights, springs were ok, but needed new bushings. I have finally installed a trailer hitch, but haven't pulled the trailer anywhere yet as I just don't care for the heat here, but soon I'll be chugging around the area~ it's going to be fun!
dne' ;)
View attachment 118428

View attachment 118430

View attachment 118431

View attachment 118432

View attachment 118429
Fantastic build! I have a JP Jeep too but mine is on pretty big shackles and 2.5 inch lifts - put on by a PO many - many years ago. May I ask what you have on yours to make it sit lower and more like the movie version? I do have the original 1988 shackles that I imported in Sept as well as the original spec body mounts / bushings but don't know enough about my Jeep to try to do the swap out! I have the same tyres and wheels as yours so hopefully nothing will rub if I do get around to swapping the mounts and shackles. Just interested in what you have or if you can show me any pics of your shackles and body mounts etc. Many thanks from the UK.

Hi! thank you for the complimentjand questions;) I had ordered a new set of springs from Quadratech, but even then, my YJ sat up a little higher than I wanted, but it's acceptable. Just rides a little hard in the back, not much weight in the back of these.

This is actually more the height it should be~ maybe I should have had the old springs sandblasted, but alas, I did not.
jeep-yj6.jpg

Also, with the little lift that I got out of the new springs, I should have upgraded to a slip yoke eliminator, but just haven't gotten around to it~;)

92-jeep-frame-with-springs2.jpg

92-jeep-frame3.jpg

I was thinking about putting a couple hundred pounds of something behind the rear seat, to help the rear springs go down, but haven't.
jurassic-jeep-finished4.jpg

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to help;)
dne';)

Last edited: