'92 Jeep YJ (Jurassic Build)

I finally was able to put my wheels on;) On the JPMP Workshop, the person that says you are now officially a Jurassic jeep, dubbed me as finished or met the requirements, so now I'm officially a JPmotorpool member!! wahoo!

92-jeep-yj1.jpg

It would be nice to be able to drive it, but it's so darned cold and will be for at least another week! I still need to finish the winch, I took the winch apart and repainted it, just need to clean the winch base and repaint it, should look nice when done;)
Wheels-on.jpg

I wish someone had made new gas lines leading to the fuel rail. I may get out there and use my dremmel to clean up the rusty gas fittings.
92-jeep-engine-finished1.jpg

dne' ;)

I finally was able to put my wheels on;) On the JPMP Workshop, the person that says you are now officially a Jurassic jeep, dubbed me as finished or met the requirements, so now I'm officially a JPmotorpool member!! wahoo!

View attachment 117181

It would be nice to be able to drive it, but it's so darned cold and will be for at least another week! I still need to finish the winch, I took the winch apart and repainted it, just need to clean the winch base and repaint it, should look nice when done;)
View attachment 117182

I wish someone had made new gas lines leading to the fuel rail. I may get out there and use my dremmel to clean up the rusty gas fittings.
View attachment 117183
dne' ;)
:oops: Shes a beaut

Reactions: Dne007
I still have things to do, I just finished mounting the Ramsey winch, this winch was already on the jeep, but is not screen accurate, but I took it apart, cleaned it, put a new nylon rope and new decals and it looks great. I also modified the winch plate a little bit with my plasma cutter~ I'll hook it up a little later on.

jeep-yj5.jpg

Ramsey-winch7.jpg

I made the East dock sign, but need to make it taller:)
jurassic-prop.jpg

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Amazing job on the Jurassic Jeep. Really nice. Finding all the parts is another feat in itself. Excellent workmanship.

Thank you for your wonderful comments!! ;)

It's been a while now, but a few months ago I wanted a small trailer to pull as I don't want crap in my JP18, but do want to be able to use the vehicle to get things. So that's where the trailer comes in. I found a 1946 civilian military trailer, a Ben-Hur, paid way too much for it, but they're not just jumping out at me~ however I would have prefered a Batam, but this popped up.

My plans were pretty simple, recondition it, paint it to match my Jeep in the Jurassic style. The trailer was in pretty sad shape. The floor was "OK", has a large rust hole, but I left it alone. Fabricated new trailer tongue, new lights, springs were ok, but needed new bushings. I have finally installed a trailer hitch, but haven't pulled the trailer anywhere yet as I just don't care for the heat here, but soon I'll be chugging around the area~ it's going to be fun!
dne' ;)
Ben-hur8.jpg

Ben-hur-tongue2.jpg

Ben_hur_decal_done.jpg

Ben-hur-trailer-complete2.jpg

Ben-hur8.jpg

Thank you for your wonderful comments!! ;)

It's been a while now, but a few months ago I wanted a small trailer to pull as I don't want crap in my JP18, but do want to be able to use the vehicle to get things. So that's where the trailer comes in. I found a 1946 civilian military trailer, a Ben-Hur, paid way too much for it, but they're not just jumping out at me~ however I would have prefered a Batam, but this popped up.

My plans were pretty simple, recondition it, paint it to match my Jeep in the Jurassic style. The trailer was in pretty sad shape. The floor was "OK", has a large rust hole, but I left it alone. Fabricated new trailer tongue, new lights, springs were ok, but needed new bushings. I have finally installed a trailer hitch, but haven't pulled the trailer anywhere yet as I just don't care for the heat here, but soon I'll be chugging around the area~ it's going to be fun!
dne' ;)
View attachment 118428

View attachment 118430

View attachment 118431

View attachment 118432

View attachment 118429
A Bantam would indeed have been nice, but talk about hens teeth!

Though I actually think the more "modern" styling (using the term loosely) is a better fit.
It looks great!