YJ Hemi conversion

R and D lol. I had to design it based on measurements alone. Thats a donkey design custom part there. If you need pictures or a closer look at anything let me know.

Ok, so I got the Dakota bell housing. I’m not going to try to even work with the liberty one. Actually managed to find one for $100. Do you think this will fit inside that. I’d measure, but I’m too far away….. says it’s 12”x 1-1/8 10T

E3368D2F-1AD4-42F2-A3B1-AF13E2309355.png

Here’s the flywheel specs

Sorry, I know it’s a pain I appreciate the help of you’re willing, and I would look at it in person but it’s 1235 and I am in Saudi right now 😬

8F283375-D36C-482C-9690-827E1BE8ACB3.png

The 12" and 11" clutch are the same from what I remember. At least on the Dakota. The flywheel looks right and if memory serves the Dakota and ram set ups are very similar. My apologize but I didn't see the posts until today. I don't think the Hemi flywheel and starter combo will fly with a Liberty bell housing. I couldn't get the 11" clutch and went 12". No clearance issue at all with the flywheel or clutch. I had to clean up the flywheel as it had a 11" clutch disc its whole life. Both fit under the same pressure plate.

The 12" and 11" clutch are the same from what I remember. At least on the Dakota. The flywheel looks right and if memory serves the Dakota and ram set ups are very similar. My apologize but I didn't see the posts until today. I don't think the Hemi flywheel and starter combo will fly with a Liberty bell housing. I couldn't get the 11" clutch and went 12". No clearance issue at all with the flywheel or clutch. I had to clean up the flywheel as it had a 11" clutch disc its whole life. Both fit under the same pressure plate.

no worries. I actually got the Dakota bellhousing, I didn’t want to screw with trying to mishmosh a gaggle to put together to get it to work. Oh well, the liberty housing was cheap. Live and learn I guess. I was hoping the hemi flywheel and all will work since I have all the accessories from the hemi engine, and wouldn’t have to also figure out what starter to also match up and etc.

no worries. I actually got the Dakota bellhousing, I didn’t want to screw with trying to mishmosh a gaggle to put together to get it to work. Oh well, the liberty housing was cheap. Live and learn I guess. I was hoping the hemi flywheel and all will work since I have all the accessories from the hemi engine, and wouldn’t have to also figure out what starter to also match up and etc.
I used a 1996 Dakota starter. Just make sure you get the face mount as there are two options.

Hey Donkey, great thread! I have an 2004 ram 5.7 that i will be parting out to put the HEMI on my YJ. I got most of it except a couple things. What did you do with the exhaust? It looks from the picture the pass side bolt is in the way? Did you get different headers or ? Thank you I will definitely have more questions soon. I am ripping the engine out of the ram with the tranny harness and ecu