What did you do in the garage / driveway today?

Finally getting around to painting a pair of full size doors I bought a while back. They needed a little minor repairs and that's done on one door. Started painting on the inside first then outside.

Screenshot_20231114_143911_Gallery.jpg

My parts got delayed a day and arrived late, so I didn't get around to wrapping up the transmission swap until today. Of course, my rear springs came in after I closed up the shop for the day. So that will be next week project. But it's in, it drives and 5th gear works with no issues. Mission accomplished. My phone battery died before I finished up, should have charged it up before hand.

Reactions: machoheadgames
Day before yesterday I swapped the rear springs on the YJ. Nearly 30 years of wear and unknown number of miles with an automatic locker in theback had taken it's toll. They had a slight "S" shape towards the frame end mount and when loaded with camping gear had a negative arch. These should have a nice ride height once worn in. My new front springs get here tomorrow.

Finally got the Bee-Otch planed out with a new TPS replacing the one I got from Extreme Terrain about six months ago...Running like a new one now.

Reactions: DOWNS and ytradio
Not today but this week.

My brother had a gasoline fueled heater in his VW wagon in the mid 70’s that he hunted up used. They had already been banned. It too would drive you out, even in zero degree weather. It started putting out heat almost instantly. It had its own lawnmower type gas tank and squirrel cage blower. It mounted up front under the hood/trunk into the VW ductwork. It was totally stand alone, don’t know the manufacture.

Reactions: DOWNS
Replaced alternator with re-furbish from O'reilly's. Most of time was spent getting the belt just right. Success 100%. Bought battery charger and charged battery before driving.

Cleaned IAC valve and reinstalled. I tried a new one off ebay and it did not work. So replaced original IAC valve, idling and starting great.

Replace valve cover gasket. Broke one of the bolts because i tightened too much. Was able to extract and buy new bolts from hardware store. My jeep leak almost 100% gone, there is still some tiny oil leak somewhere.

Oil change/ filter change and heavier weight oil.

Removed Rio Grande yellow/orange pin striping, long boring job, but Jeep looks better. Pin stripes. Hmmm. why.

Next: passenger front speaker is not working. Seen a video of working on it without taking the front windshield down, and by removing the glove box... be great to get that speaker working again. The speakers on the rollbar seem weak to me not sure why.

Next: my drivers door squeaks, and the window mechanism needs replacing.

Replaced alternator with re-furbish from O'reilly's. Most of time was spent getting the belt just right. Success 100%. Bought battery charger and charged battery before driving.

Cleaned IAC valve and reinstalled. I tried a new one off ebay and it did not work. So replaced original IAC valve, idling and starting great.

Replace valve cover gasket. Broke one of the bolts because i tightened too much. Was able to extract and buy new bolts from hardware store. My jeep leak almost 100% gone, there is still some tiny oil leak somewhere.

Oil change/ filter change and heavier weight oil.

Removed Rio Grande yellow/orange pin striping, long boring job, but Jeep looks better. Pin stripes. Hmmm. why.

Next: passenger front speaker is not working. Seen a video of working on it without taking the front windshield down, and by removing the glove box... be great to get that speaker working again. The speakers on the rollbar seem weak to me not sure why.

Next: my drivers door squeaks, and the window mechanism needs replacing.
I installed Memphis dash speakers and saw these box ready to go back speakers and RTV'd them to the walls just in front of the tailgate...