Spray on bed liner

TOMR

I'm currently doing a frame off yj rebuild, we are going to spray bed liner inside the tub

I have the roll bar ,seats,seatbelts,all rear seat brackets out should I also remove the tailgate striker And the humvee support across from it on top of the wheel wells? Also should we spray the inside of the tailgate?

Using scorpion not rattle can ,it gets sprayed with a gun

I just finished my '93 rebuild/restoration (see on build thread) and I removed the tailgate striker and the inner handle cover plate. Or you could mask off also with no issue. I also sprayed the inside of the tailgate so it all match the sides and wheel wells.

Got that crap all over my 89 inside and out. My opinion is it looks like hell and makes rust repairs SO much harder. I would never do it.

Did mine many years ago, no way in hell would I do it again.
Had a new truck bed done at Rhino and really liked it. I thought that this would be great on a Jeep interior, until I bought a Jeep with it already applied. As I already said the rust repair with this stuff on is probably the worst part about it. If you live in a climate where rust is not an issue your mileage may very.

Reactions: DOWNS
Had a new truck bed done at Rhino and really liked it. I thought that this would be great on a Jeep interior, until I bought a Jeep with it already applied. As I already said the rust repair with this stuff on is probably the worst part about it. If you live in a climate where rust is not an issue your mileage may very.
No rust issues here, just regret it as I had a really nice clean factory painted floor and I have no clue why I ever wanted to do the bedlining. I like it in a truck bed but I wish for it to be gone from my YJ's floor. Just another one of those "if I knew then what I know now..." type of things.

Reactions: ytradio
Anything other than paint is a roll of the dice. As mentioned above, it makes corrosion treatment harder. If the coating fails for some reason or gets cracks now water and dirt can get in behind the coating and rots out the floors even faster than if they weren't treated. In an open-top vehicle like a CJ or Wrangler I don't even bother with carpet or pads, just because of the weather issues. I'd rater just let the moisture either drain easier or at least be able to evaporate.

If you insist on something, put down carpet or mats and get used to pulling it out on a semiregular basis to check for moisture issues and corrosion. I pull the interior out of my XJ every few years just to look for and treat any corrosion issues.

I would never ever use bed liner even if it was professionally sprayed in. Just too much potential for BS.

thank you for this topic. I was thinking of doing my floor with raptor liner. I think I’m just gonna use a satin rustoleum roll on. I got barricade floor Matt’s. They cover most of the floor anyway. Good luck!

thank you for this topic. I was thinking of doing my floor with raptor liner. I think I’m just gonna use a satin rustoleum roll on. I got barricade floor Matt’s. They cover most of the floor anyway. Good luck!
I used rustoleum and a foam brush on mine. Thinned it out a little bit (per the container directions) and it came out ok. On the two Jeeps I've done frame offs on I used rattle can and those came out pretty nice as well. Nice thing is, corrosion issues are easier to see and touchups are super easy.

Last edited: