Ignition anti theft

BBClamper

Hey guys, I have a 92 but this is related to all models. I want to install a hidden interrupter “kill” switch to help deter theft when I have to leave my Jeep at the trail head. Anyone have any wiring suggestions? Thanks guys
200.gif

I wouldn’t install a kill switch personally, too much of a fail point for me. However, a good option is a cable hood lock kit from eBay that uses a relay to tie into the starter. When the hood is locked, it disables the starter. Pretty sleek, dual function and automatically takes care of the disabling for you. Bottom line though if someone really wants it, they’ll just trailer it. If you really wanted to use a kill switch you could put it on just about any wire that controls the ASD or fuel pump circuit but adding a cheap little switch to those circuits that affect you driving down the road really just does not seem like a good idea to me.

I thought this seems like a neat idea:

Im the guy that pops his hood and pockets two relays from the relay box lol.
...I'm the guy that keeps extra relays in the trail bag, under the passenger seat 🤷‍♂️
I'm also thinking about a kill switch. I'm considering breaking the starter circuit so it won't start, but it wouldn't kill the vehicle if it accidentally got switched while the rig was running. That's really all I'm at liberty to say🙊

...I'm the guy that keeps extra relays in the trail bag, under the passenger seat 🤷‍♂️
I'm also thinking about a kill switch. I'm considering breaking the starter circuit so it won't start, but it wouldn't kill the vehicle if it accidentally got switched while the rig was running. That's really all I'm at liberty to say🙊
Please don’t say “ Liberty”, it makes me sad.