Brand advice for suspension, tie rods, ball joints, etc.

Tried to get an alignment today. I learned that I am missing a track bar. Mechanic said he couldn't align unless I had one.

Do yall use track bars? I saw JKS has a disconnect one, but it is 250 big ones.

Tried to get an alignment today. I learned that I am missing a track bar. Mechanic said he couldn't align unless I had one.

Do yall use track bars? I saw JKS has a disconnect one, but it is 250 big ones.
He is kinda right/kinda wrong. You can definitely get the wheels toe'd in properly without a track bar and that is the important thing when doing an alignment because that is what affects the wear and overall handling on turns and such. What he can not do is get your steering wheel perfectly straight because there will always be slop that allows the steering wheel to move left and right a bit without actually turning the wheels at all. The track bar can sort of hide the dead spot so one would help for that purpose. The stock track bars rather suck though and they really bind suspension bad when using the stock mounts especially if lifted at all. Although adjustable length/disconnectable would help with that a bit. I personally haven't ran a track bar in 7 years, no real issues without it except slightly suckier handling due to the slightly sloppier wheel reaction.

Is that what causes the little play I have in the steering wheel? It is minor. Might also explain why when I hit a bump I feel I have to correct my steering more slightly.

I will try brining it to another place next weekend. Maybe a 4x4 dedicated place.

Is that what causes the little play I have in the steering wheel? It is minor. Might also explain why when I hit a bump I feel I have to correct my steering more slightly.

I will try brining it to another place next weekend. Maybe a 4x4 dedicated place.
Yes, that is why you have the play in the wheel. When you have to correct for bumps, that is bump steer. The slight lift you have puts the drag link at an angle. You hit a bump, suspension compresses, pushes angled drag link which forces steering wheel to turn left. It's annoying, Jeep really screwed us with the factory steering design. The fix for that is try to get the drag link as flat as possible. You can try swapping to a drop pitman arm if you don't have one.

I have pretty much gotten use to it by now lol. I will look into flattening the drag link first. I did have alot of trouble getting it back on with the new tie rod ends.

Does anyone have any advice on replacement leaf springs for my 95? I just bought it in January and it looks like they will need replacement soon. I’m not sure if there’s anything better than stock out there. Thanks.

Does anyone have any advice on replacement leaf springs for my 95? I just bought it in January and it looks like they will need replacement soon. I’m not sure if there’s anything better than stock out there. Thanks.
If you don’t want lift, I’d go with stock. Mopar OEM replacements are still out there last I checked. Keep in mind they are basically flat from the factory so don’t necessarily let that make you think they are flat/bad when they may not be.

The one with the grease fitting goes on top. The factory didn’t have a fitting on the lower one just like those don’t. It’s packed with a precise amount of grease internally and doesn’t ever need to be messed with.
The Moog I just put in (lower) had a recess and a fitting that you can grease with a needle grease gun tool. You have to be careful and align it so you will be able to access it once installed.....worked for me

The Moog I just put in (lower) had a recess and a fitting that you can grease with a needle grease gun tool. You have to be careful and align it so you will be able to access it once installed.....worked for me
I prefer no grease fitting. I'd rather not have to do anything over the life of the joint. The stock joints easily last 100K or more (mine weren't even bad when I changed them at 23 years old) so I don't think the lack of a grease fitting is a negative aspect, and it's one less maintenance item to have to keep up with.