YJ Dana 30 Axle Sleeves

Check out these specs..
Front Axle Complete
Dana 489NR High Pinion YJ Front Bolt in Axle Assembly
(BOM-D489F-NR-YJ)
AXLE WIDTH - WMS:60.5
Select Ball Joints: Synergy Chromoly Ball Joints (+$154.00)
SELECT LOCKER: GRIZZLY LOCKER (D44-GRIZ-3-30) (+$550.00)
SELECT GEAR RATIO: D44RS-488
Add Gear Oil: Gear Oil
Add Knuckles: Add New Knuckles 1989 & Down (+$450.00)
SELECT DIFF COVER:YUKON HARDCORE (DC:D44-YHC) (+$100.00)
Spring Perch: Spring Under
Select Handling Charge: Local Pickup - 7.25% Tax Applies

Rear

Dana 489 YJ Rear Bolt In Axle Assembly - 35 Spline
(BOM-489-YJ-R)
SELECT LOCKER:ARB (+$945.00)
Ebrake Cables: YJ 87-90 (02/01) (+$90.00)
Suspension Lift: 5.5"-6.5"
Driveshaft Style : CV-SYE
SELECT DIFF COVER:YUKON HARDCORE (DC:D44-YHC) (+$100.00)
SELECT RATIO: 4.88 (BO-D489NR-RG-488) (+$525.00)
ADD LUBE LOCKER GASKET: LUBE LOCKER (+$24.00)
SELECT YOKE: 1310 (+$60.00)
Spring Perch: Spring Under
UPGRADE DISC BRAKES: Disc Brake / Set 20 Upgrade (+$550.00)
WMS:60.5
Select Handling Charge: Local Pickup - 7.25% Tax Applies

They're only 3 hr drive, no sense in shipping them when I can save that money and pick em up. Think I'm just going to go this route.
That was a suggestion that I almost made, but everyone has they’re own project. I have a pair from them myself on order.

That was a suggestion that I almost made, but everyone has they’re own project. I have a pair from them myself on order.
Bad part is, I already dropped all that money on all the stuff for both axles many months ago...I also paid for the Yukon Yes Plan for every single part. So, That warranty isn't transferable but as long as I own my Jeep no matter what happens to those parts, I get free replacements... I already have the certificates from them too. So selling the stuff isn't really an option. I guess I'll just keep the stuff and shelve it because there's no way I'm lowering the price of the stuff to damn near give it away before someone buys it and never mind all the "is this available" and other waste of time text messages.

I spoke with one of ECGS guys today on the phone and we actually changed the rear axle to a ESGS 60 and kept the same front axle. Its just sickening that, for what I've spent on all the stuff I have, I could have added $2k and bought these complete.... oh well, live and learn. Once I place the order it'd be 90 days before completion.

Bad part is, I already dropped all that money on all the stuff for both axles many months ago...I also paid for the Yukon Yes Plan for every single part. So, That warranty isn't transferable but as long as I own my Jeep no matter what happens to those parts, I get free replacements... I already have the certificates from them too. So selling the stuff isn't really an option. I guess I'll just keep the stuff and shelve it because there's no way I'm lowering the price of the stuff to damn near give it away before someone buys it and never mind all the "is this available" and other waste of time text messages.

I spoke with one of ECGS guys today on the phone and we actually changed the rear axle to a ESGS 60 and kept the same front axle. Its just sickening that, for what I've spent on all the stuff I have, I could have added $2k and bought these complete.... oh well, live and learn. Once I place the order it'd be 90 days before completion.
That’s the main reason that I stayed out of the conversation, no one wants to hear that after spending all that money. Before ordering the axles that I did, I went back and forth several times on rebuilding and beefing up the Dana 30. I was at over $2000 just for that and still didn’t have what I wanted, never mind the cost of doing something for a rear axle. And, whatever I did do this way I knew that I would be wanting more only to have to spend even more by the time it was all over. So I decided on a 60 kingpin front axle and a 60 full floater rear with Ox lockers and 5.13 gears. Yes a lot of money but hope to only do it once.

Reactions: DOWNS and PCS
That’s the main reason that I stayed out of the conversation, no one wants to hear that after spending all that money. Before ordering the axles that I did, I went back and forth several times on rebuilding and beefing up the Dana 30. I was at over $2000 just for that and still didn’t have what I wanted, never mind the cost of doing something for a rear axle. And, whatever I did do this way I knew that I would be wanting more only to have to spend even more by the time it was all over. So I decided on a 60 kingpin front axle and a 60 full floater rear with Ox lockers and 5.13 gears. Yes a lot of money but hope to only do it once.
Like the ole saying goes, spend once, cry once.

I still believe these axles built with this stuff would serve my purpose and they would be plenty strong with the parts I selected. I'm just no good at assembling gears...and its an expensive fuck up you'll only do once. The made up hate in the community has even the professional shops refusing service and tech's opinions having more weight than the customers budget and plans, like, when did the customers wants and needs to work with what they have become less important than the tech opinions and community hate? That's the part I'm not getting... There are plenty of people out there literally doing what thousands of others said can not be done with that combination.

No one wants to do what I want because THEY think its too expensive and a waste of time because its a 30/35...but its MY MONEY and I'm PAYING for that labor/assembly time and I already have the stuff...so where's the problem?

I bought all the YES PLAN warranties so even if there was a failure, I'm covered (minus labor) and this particular company sells these parts, my stuff is NEW in the boxes (at the time) , untampered with, so there should have been no excuses.. except there was... the 30/35 hate... it just kept coming up, I don't even think this person realized they kept repeating it (This conversation and inquire happened about a year ago) over the course of the conversation.

I mean, I get the sleeve thing, that wasn't even in the conversation at this time, now we're just talking about the refusal and hate for this combination. I live so rural Carolina, I do not have other professional options to have such things installed and this particular company is 3 to 4 hrs drive one way...I just needed labor and I got to thinking back when I was younger and worked in a shop, the markup on the parts...and the ah-ha hit me, they couldn't upcharge me on parts and labor, thus, just their labor rate wasn't worth it to them? well, that and the hate for the combination.

So, I'm moving on, I'm going to buy the combination I spoke with ECGS about and I'll just shelve the other stuff.

Reactions: ytradio
Like the ole saying goes, spend once, cry once.

I still believe these axles built with this stuff would serve my purpose and they would be plenty strong with the parts I selected. I'm just no good at assembling gears...and its an expensive fuck up you'll only do once. The made up hate in the community has even the professional shops refusing service and tech's opinions having more weight than the customers budget and plans, like, when did the customers wants and needs to work with what they have become less important than the tech opinions and community hate? That's the part I'm not getting... There are plenty of people out there literally doing what thousands of others said can not be done with that combination.

No one wants to do what I want because THEY think its too expensive and a waste of time because its a 30/35...but its MY MONEY and I'm PAYING for that labor/assembly time and I already have the stuff...so where's the problem?

I bought all the YES PLAN warranties so even if there was a failure, I'm covered (minus labor) and this particular company sells these parts, my stuff is NEW in the boxes (at the time) , untampered with, so there should have been no excuses.. except there was... the 30/35 hate... it just kept coming up, I don't even think this person realized they kept repeating it (This conversation and inquire happened about a year ago) over the course of the conversation.

I mean, I get the sleeve thing, that wasn't even in the conversation at this time, now we're just talking about the refusal and hate for this combination. I live so rural Carolina, I do not have other professional options to have such things installed and this particular company is 3 to 4 hrs drive one way...I just needed labor and I got to thinking back when I was younger and worked in a shop, the markup on the parts...and the ah-ha hit me, they couldn't upcharge me on parts and labor, thus, just their labor rate wasn't worth it to them? well, that and the hate for the combination.

So, I'm moving on, I'm going to buy the combination I spoke with ECGS about and I'll just shelve the other stuff.
I get you completely. My reasons for going this route is that they are bolt in axles set up the way I want with everything that I want. And my wife and I are both in our early 60’s. She has had enough replacement parts installed in her that she average’s about 24 years old. I just had a total knee replacement yesterday. This is just an off road toy and I want the components in it to survive enough that any work that gets done to it will be in my garage.

Reactions: DOWNS and PCS