Where can I find a gauge cluster for a 95 YJ 5-speed?

Barrett-FL

Anyone know where I can get a good speedometer head assy for a 95 YJ. My speedometer stopped working and after replacing the gear it still is not working.

Any thoughts or suggestions vs replacing speedometer?

Thanks!

Barrett

Anyone know where I can get a good speedometer head assy for a 95 YJ. My speedometer stopped working and after replacing the gear it still is not working.

Any thoughts or suggestions vs replacing speedometer?

Thanks!

Barrett
I'm in the same boat... no speed shown but tack works, only tac light works also. Bought a new circuit board but it turns out to be 91 or earlier not the 1995 version I need and I'm sure the speedometer is dead. Looking for a working one or the complete cluster that everything works

I'll put this out here even though most owners want stock but if you opt for a custom dash this company makes GPS and VVS gauges. I think they'll even ad a custom logo.

Reactions: ytradio and DOWNS
google works, or use car-part.com (wreckers)
used part like gold are where you find them.
make sure not to find parts with KM gauges. (kilo meters)
the first step is not gears. or clusters
the CEL lamp is first

key on and CEL must glow, if not the lamp is burned out #74 , or missing. (or omg, the same copper pad below is bad same cure ,lamp pads)
then start the engine, make sure CEL goes out , for sure on along drive. 5miles or more it stays out if not VSS is failing.
if not do the flash DTC errors check. for VSS errors. code 15
the speedo is DIGITAL and VSS must not have errors. (wires and VSS all can and do fail)
DTC code 15 errors?

step 2
cluster out, make sure the screws behind the speed , are not rusty or under them. Use pink pearl eraser on the copper pads there and like magic the speed works ( is the needle on it stuck , speed meter?) the clear cover is off so move the needle super gently CW.
if needle is stuck then metal shavings"steel" landed on the speedo cluster magnet, and jammed it up, so clean it.

r suggestions vs replacing speedometer?
top failure is here, just polish ,, (no code 15) look here. okay?
just remove the screws, 1 by1, and polish the copper, Flex PC copper rings, they corrode. No gold flashed hear as we use in high end electronics.
I did PCB lay out for years, back in 80s., we used MASK and gold flash, on all contacts.

rear.JPG

wired
the PCM tells you if VSS is dead, for sure if is dead Sensor
the cluster dead is cause by . (I assume all other meters work so F9 fuse not blown)
the 3 screws 13,14,19 not rusty. (means corroded)
if car gets rained on top off, bingo. or wind shield cracks and leaks water downward
#1 cause is here. no code 15.
the 3 screws loose or corroded, and super easy to fix.(once pulled)

wired.JPG