Should I rebuild my manual transmission or buy a remanufactured unit?

Thanks, is that added to or instead of the water based cleaner in the parts washer?
It is used instead of the water based cleaner. Kerosene is relatively inexpensive compared to other commercial cleaners, and the ones that I have used were mostly kerosene anyway. Trans fluid is also a grease cutter and a lubricant. I have used trans fluid in my fuel tank for years as an injector cleaner and lubricant. Was told about this by a GM mechanic after the dealership service department told me I would need all my injectors replace. A couple quarts in the fuel, and drive it for a week and the problem went away. I would do a mix in the parts washer of 1 qt trans fluid to 1 gallon of kerosene.

It is used instead of the water based cleaner. Kerosene is relatively inexpensive compared to other commercial cleaners, and the ones that I have used were mostly kerosene anyway. Trans fluid is also a grease cutter and a lubricant. I have used trans fluid in my fuel tank for years as an injector cleaner and lubricant. Was told about this by a GM mechanic after the dealership service department told me I would need all my injectors replace. A couple quarts in the fuel, and drive it for a week and the problem went away. I would do a mix in the parts washer of 1 qt trans fluid to 1 gallon of kerosene.
Cool Beans, Thanks

The water based cleaner didn't work for me either. I use PSC 1000 solvent from Tractor supply now and drain the tub each time back into the can. The pump they use is a water fountain pump and I found that draining the solvent out helps. The pump has lasted for several years without failing. Also water based cleaner instantly clogs the filter.

View attachment 120576

Nice rig!, The best and cheapest parts cleaner for anything.....Ether based Starting Fluid, Yep that starting fluid....I will cut ANYTHING petroleum based even dreaded fifth-wheel grease out of clothing. Doesn't have the nasty carcinogens that brake cleaner has, And evaporates without any residue...Just make sure you're well ventilated and no flames or sparks nearby...