OEM (stock height) springs

3.5”

82F2C3CF-CE90-46BF-B18B-504A71F22BFE.jpeg

Not sure. New to jeeps. Don’t you just love guys like us. Lol. Is this a lift? I have nothing to compare.

291123B9-7E14-4C20-AAA2-2CD50D1729BB.jpeg

Not sure. New to jeeps. Don’t you just love guys like us. Lol. Is this a lift? I have nothing to compare.

View attachment 119028
Lol, I don’t mind. It was all of us at some point.

Yes, that looks to be a day star 1” body mount lift. That doesn’t affect suspension but explains why your Jeep is so tall above the tires. I had about an inch of clearance on 31’s bone stock. Your 1” Body plus 0.5” shackle gets you closer. Maybe you do have a spring lift but I still don’t see how, your springs looked just like mine did.

Also I never had stock fender flares so it’s not really an accurate comparison at the fender anyways.

Based on your pic of the shock you should be perfectly fine. I would not want them to be any longer.

Taking into account the bushings that puts me at 3 1/2 inches travel of up (wheel droop) and over five going (compressing) down if I needed it

Fronts are in and jumping up/down on the fender is so much nicer

View attachment 119029
Excellent! I have no confirmation of it but I have a feeling my stock YJ would have rode great had I only changed the shocks and ditched the rear track bar. If I bought this thing over again I probably would have only done that, body lift, and ran 31’s.

Excellent! I have no confirmation of it but I have a feeling my stock YJ would have rode great had I only changed the shocks and ditched the rear track bar. If I bought this thing over again I probably would have only done that, body lift, and ran 31’s.
Ok, drive it today. What a difference. The old shocks were certainly shot. No rebound. Much more fun to drive now.

Ok, drive it today. What a difference. The old shocks were certainly shot. No rebound. Much more fun to drive now.
Great to hear. My factory shocks were shot when I bought the Jeep, which is no shock (pun absolutely intended) at nearly 20 years old at the time. I seriously wonder what it would have rode like had I only changed the shocks. Wish I could go back in time. It rode really rough in stock form but dead 20 year old shocks will do that.