No power to the fuel pump?

USMC YJ

Hello everyone. I'm new to the Jeep form website and could really use some help. Got A 92YJ Couple months later when I was driving it if just died on the road. A print and sound like it wanted to turn over but wasn't. Brought it home and since it was down I put in a new Fuel pump took the transmission down rebuilt it. Replace the fuel filter Also cleaned out the gas tank. When I put it all back together and tried to start it was having to same issue. Would crank the wouldn't start. So I dropped the tank Disconnected the hoses And tried to start it no fuel came out of the pump then I checked the fuses and bought all new relays still nothing? Any suggestions?

Did you check the fuses under the dash. IIRC the dome light also powers the pump on some years of not all YJ or something crazy like that. Also pinched or internally broken wires seem to be not out of the question.

Reactions: USMC YJ
Yes I did. Found the issue. The harness was bad replaced and tried to start it now fuel is flowing but still won't turn over. New wire plugs and dis. cap. Might need to clean and check my rail.

Did you check the fuses under the dash. IIRC the dome light also powers the pump on some years of not all YJ or something crazy like that. Also pinched or internally broken wires seem to be not out of the question.

Update!!! Found out why I was getting no power to the pump. Took a multimeter and checked the harness and it was bad. Shaped it out and now fuel is flowing to the rails. But still won't turn over. New distributor cap, wires, spark plugs installed need to check and clean rail but is there anything I'm missing?

I just went through a similar situation with my 91 yj , the starter motor would turn the engine over nice and strong but the engine would'nt run. turns out while I was replacing freeze plugs the CPS (crank position sensor) plug got knocked loose. A little wiggle on the plug and a push in to securely fasten it was all it took and it fired right up, Since you removed your bell housing you might check your installation of the CPS