New frame

ytradio

YJ Enthusiast
New frame from Throttle Down Custons arrived yesterday. Was supposed to take 6 to 8 months and got here in 4. I am very impressed with it. It has been in transit 2 weeks and I can find no rust. It has an extra crossmember by the rear shock mounts and the other crossmembers are much heavier than stock

IMG_1319.jpeg

IMG_1318.jpeg

IMG_1317.jpeg

Very nice! I’d love to get one but I really have no reason to. I do have rust in some spots but being in TX it probably won’t ever get worse than it is.

Reactions: ytradio
How much did it cost, if you are willing to share the price?
$4292.00 but that included $1075 shipping $250 front shackle reversal $175 heavy duty steering bracket $400 for Thottle Downs transmission transfer case cross member. The shackle reversal I almost didn’t get because I’m not sure if it will turn out to be an advantage or a hindrance, but at the last minute I decided to get it.

Reactions: redbullet
Very nice! I’d love to get one but I really have no reason to. I do have rust in some spots but being in TX it probably won’t ever get worse than it is.
I was talking on the ham radio awhile back to a local asking about the frame that I had ordered when a Jeep guy from Louisiana spoke up and asked why I was buying a frame. I told him the original was rusted away. He just could not understand how a frame could rust to an unrepairable condition .