Lube Locker Gaskets

jeepjoe43

YJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
Anybody here ever used Lube Locker gaskets on their diffs?
I have them in both ends with no problems, but I also have HD covers.
They were kind of spendy and I'm just curious if anyone's had any adverse experiences with them.

Used them on my D30 and D35 since 2015, on my new D30 and D44, and also just put one on my Nissan M226 (basically a hybrid D44 designed for Nissan). Never any problems.

I have heard that they don’t work well if you hit the rocks and smack the cover on something. What they say happens in that case is the gasket smooshes and then leaks. I dunno, I don’t expect to ever do wheeling where that could potentially be a problem for me.

• USA Proud
Reactions: jeepjoe43
Used them on my D30 and D35 since 2015, on my new D30 and D44, and also just put one on my Nissan M226 (basically a hybrid D44 designed for Nissan). Never any problems.

I have heard that they don’t work well if you hit the rocks and smack the cover on something. What they say happens in that case is the gasket smooshes and then leaks. I dunno, I don’t expect to ever do wheeling where that could potentially be a problem for me.
Thanks Macho, I knew you were using them.
Not expecting any problems with mine using HD covers, was just curious if they were worth the price.
Ordinarily with two machined surfaces I would be using aviation seal, if that stuff leaks , just re-torque.
Just thought I would try something different this time.

Reactions: machoheadgames
Thanks Macho, I knew you were using them.
Not expecting any problems with mine using HD covers, was just curious if they were worth the price.
Ordinarily with two machined surfaces I would be using aviation seal, if that stuff leaks , just re-torque.
Just thought I would try something different this time.
For me, not having to scrape or strategically place and spread RTV is enough to make them worth it. The ones on my old Dana 30 and 35 were removed and reinstalled probably 6 times each and neither leaked even once. For me, they are a win.

I think I just used a regular gasket on my 30 and 35 after changing the bearings and seals.

My reason may be different in that I bought this YJ as a project and may sell it for another one to work on. So far it's clean and dry. Sorry to hose the next guy.

For me, not having to scrape or strategically place and spread RTV is enough to make them worth it. The ones on my old Dana 30 and 35 were removed and reinstalled probably 6 times each and neither leaked even once. For me, they are a win.
That's kind of the way I was looking it, after prying a siliconed HD cover off several times.
And they work with the tin covers too?

That's kind of the way I was looking it, after prying a siliconed HD cover off several times.
And they work with the tin covers too?
Worked fine for me on every cover I used. I only ever ran stock on D30. Stock and Ruffstuff on D35. A new Dana stock on my new D30, and a new Dana 44 stock cover on my 44. Nary a problem.

The only thing I insist upon, if I have the option, is to reuse the stock bolts because they are the only bolts that seem to be able to handle the recommended factory torque value. Seems like the first problem anybody has with aftermarket stuff is torquing the bolts.