Interior Door Handle Keeps Breaking

KarateGirl715

Hello,

I own a 93 jeep yj. I have replaced the passenger side interior door handle 4 times and the driver side door handle once within 2 years. Every time I fix the passenger side handle it breaks within 2-3 weeks. Are there any interior door handles that are made of metal or should I replace the latching rods and latching mechanism? Thanks

Hello,

I own a 93 jeep yj. I have replaced the passenger side interior door handle 4 times and the driver side door handle once within 2 years. Every time I fix the passenger side handle it breaks within 2-3 weeks. Are there any interior door handles that are made of metal or should I replace the latching rods and latching mechanism? Thanks
You may be able to find a chrome replacement, but I am not sure if it is metal or just plastic chrome.

What brand/brands are you purchasing for your handles? I was thinking about buying a Crown replacement set for my doors.

My friend had the same issue with his 91. He found some HD by comparison ones that have lasted years so far. I'll see if I can track him down and ask where he got them. far as the others breaking....china junk.

My stock ones ain't purty after all these years but after so much aftermarket failure I think I'm just going to push them until they won't go anymore since they still work fine.

Hopefully you can find a good option. Maybe used stock ones from eBay??

I have full doors on my jeep. Every time a door handle breaks I use a different brand to see if it will last. My biggest issue I'm running into is the plastic pieces connecting the latching rods keep snapping off. My rods are bent though so it doesn't help the issue. I do have a 3d printed so I may try printing out my own handle to see how long it lasts.

Reactions: Flyer58
I have full doors on my jeep. Every time a door handle breaks I use a different brand to see if it will last. My biggest issue I'm running into is the plastic pieces connecting the latching rods keep snapping off. My rods are bent though so it doesn't help the issue. I do have a 3d printed so I may try printing out my own handle to see how long it lasts.
There is some good carbon fiber stuff out there for your 3D.
Check out Micro Mark.

Doubt that this is the problem but I will at least mention that I found the PO had the control rods running on the outside of the window channel track. When the window was cranked it would drag on the rods and was breaking the clips. I pulled them out and bent them back straight, got them run between the inner door skin and channel track. All is well now.

Reactions: JronATL