I was thinking of putting 33s with a 2.5 lift do I need to re-gear?

leave it stock and go with 235/75/15 and you will not being going to doctor for back problems. drive safety and enjoy good jeeping.

Reactions: DOWNS
If you have 3.55, you’re better off than 3.07. 3.07 and 33’s with the manual is awful. The problem with these questions is that you can allow for as much performance loss as you want. I personally wouldn’t even think of 33’s on stock gears, I didn’t like 31’s on stock gears. However, it will still make it on down the road, so you can definitely live with it…..

Reactions: ytradio
When I purchased it, mine had 33’s on 2.5” ( 4.0L AX-15) on 3.55 gears. It was quite bad. Pretty much awful. Much better on 30” tires.

If you really want 33’s, yes I think you should regear.

If your heart is not set on 33’s, or you’re not willing to put $Thousands into the jeep, then get smaller tires and be happy.

My jeep has a similar set up (4.0, ax-15, 33" tires) and I'm on 4.56 gears. Huge difference and much more driveable IMO. Before I felt like the jeep would struggle to get to highway speeds and going up hill, but now I feel like the power is there.

Running 31's on a 4.0 AX-15 3:07's She does good on flat ground but still have to drop a hole when going up 30 degree or steeper inclines.
Not happy.....Want to go up to 32"s and fatter with old school deep dish slots for the look...Guess I'll have to re-gear. Anyone have a formula for
a '95 YJ with a 2.5 suspension and a 1" body lift? I want the tallest/fattest tire I can get in there...Even if I need to put offsets on to get it.

My jeep has a similar set up (4.0, ax-15, 33" tires) and I'm on 4.56 gears. Huge difference and much more driveable IMO. Before I felt like the jeep would struggle to get to highway speeds and going up hill, but now I feel like the power is there.
You have the look I'm after....What size are your rims?