I horse traded for a set of upper sliders

Stoopid Jeep

YJ Enthusiast
Not in perfect condition but they're passable. 👌
I cleaned and tuned a pair of Yamaha V-Star carbs and was paid a pair of TJ upper sliders😎 I don't think I'd pay 750 bucks for a set of these, but 2 ½ hours labor after work seems like a good deal.

20230508_171744.jpg

Last edited:
So I was watching the Marketplace and these popped up for $500. I messaged the guy and told him if he got tired of looking at them, I would pay $300 any day.
A few days later he asked if I would go to 400.
I paid 350.

They're in good shape, I don't think I stole them, but the price seemed fair.
Now I got round corner sliders and square corner sliders as well as square corner Zipper windows and a set of full doors.

20230607_175849.jpg

Reactions: machoheadgames
I have an extra set of half doors in excellent condition, color I believe is hunter green (off an '89 painted to match a '94). But i'm in New England.

View attachment 121299
Man, I’d be super interested in those if I knew for sure they would match my hunter green. There is also emerald green which they kinda look like and if they are emerald, they wouldn’t match mine properly and it would drive me nuts. Looks nice for sure.

Well, that was the problem. My YJ is emerald green and when I bought these half doors I was away from home (and my jeep) and wasn't entirely sure they were matching. But the doors were in too good condition to pass up. So I bought them only to get them back home and see they weren't emerald. Fast-forward a year later and found emerald half doors on CL, so I snatched them up and ditched my full doors. Now I have an additional set of half doors on top of my emerald full doors I'm sitting on too. My wife thinks I'm running a YJ parts store. :rolleyes:

Well, that was the problem. My YJ is emerald green and when I bought these half doors I was away from home (and my jeep) and wasn't entirely sure they were matching. But the doors were in too good condition to pass up. So I bought them only to get them back home and see they weren't emerald. Fast-forward a year later and found emerald half doors on CL, so I snatched them up and ditched my full doors. Now I have an additional set of half doors on top of my emerald full doors I'm sitting on too. My wife thinks I'm running a YJ parts store. :rolleyes:
Can’t they be painted?

I'm sure they could be. But I wasn't going to flub them up and the only 2 body shops on this spit of sand I live on wanted an arm and a leg to do them 'professionally'. Fortunately I got the pair I needed on CL for significantly less the cost of painting the others.