Front bumper cover "support"

TRevs

YJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
My Jeep came without anything covering the front crossmember, so I thought I get the 'Jeep' logo cover. In the factory parts catalog, there appears to be a 'support' underneath the plastic cover. does anyone know if this is important or what it does?

# 18 in the diagram

1712964175855.png

Yeah the brake line is just hanging out there with clips attached to nothing. Is it important? Maybe I could fabricate some kind of replacement. Is it metal or plastic?

IMG_2524.jpeg

Yeah the brake line is just hanging out there with clips attached to nothing. Is it important? Maybe I could fabricate some kind of replacement. Is it metal or plastic?

View attachment 122781
Can’t say how important it is, though I imagine jeep used it for a reason. When I did my body lift long ago, I ended up cutting out a portion of it so that I could keep it. The grille mount was interfering due to the raised grille height. I’m back to stock height now but I still have it. I bought a non modified one off eBay but it came in pretty rusty so I stuck it on the shelf and kept the stock one I cut instead.

It is metal and fastens down with two small bolts on the frame in front of the grille supports.

Reactions: TRevs
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler YJ Forum may be compensated.