Buying new ECM

Spillz

So I have a ECM that is not working and needs to be replaced I looked at the number on the cpu and I have two one is 56028289 and 5602575 and I can't find those so I was wondering if there are any other numbers

So I have a computer that is not working and needs to be replaced I looked at the number on the cpu and I have two one is 56028289 and 5602575 and I can't find those so I was wondering if there are any other numbers
You pretty much just need one that matches your engine and trans. I have heard of folks using 91s in 95s and vice versa, through all the years in the range. Apparently you can even match auto to manual, but there was one thing you had to do to do that. I don’t remember what. I think as long as you get one from a vehicle with the same engine and trans though, you should be perfectly fine.

I watched a video about cutting out the three capacitors in the PCM and replacing them with new ones. I'd have fun giving that a try. No loss, only win if it works and I didn't burn the shop down.

Reactions: Chris