Brake lines in danger when changing body mounts?

TRevs

YJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I’m in the process of replacing body mounts, and my plan was to jack the tub up one side at a time. I’m wondering if there is anything else that needs to be disconnected for the tub to go up ~2” ? Brake lines or their brackets? Radiator fan shroud?

I’m in the process of replacing body mounts, and my plan was to jack the tub up one side at a time. I’m wondering if there is anything else that needs to be disconnected for the tub to go up ~2” ? Brake lines or their brackets? Radiator fan shroud?
I’d just jack it up a bit and then give things a look over. If all is good, jack a bit more. You shouldn’t need 2” of clearance to change the body mounds. When I did my body lift I got the body lifted just enough to slip the puck in and then stopped there. No issues with lines or fan shroud.

Ok thanks, I’ll take it slow and watch. I figured it would take up to 2” clearance to get the metal retaining sleeve up and out, but we’ll see.

Ok thanks, I’ll take it slow and watch. I figured it would take up to 2” clearance to get the metal retaining sleeve up and out, but we’ll see.
Hmmm didn’t think about that. You might undo the 4 fan shroud bolts. Brake lines should be fine, just keep an eye on them.

You going with Dorman or crown?

They’re Crown. I’m changing only two right now because I’ve got the fuel tank out and I need to treat some rust up on the crossmember while it’s accessible.

IMG_1656.jpeg

I ordered the individual rubber mounts from Quadratec. I’m in the middle of several other projects and I didn’t want to get sidetracked or spend the $$ on a full set at the moment.

I’ll get to the other mounts some other time. Although I will be forced to do the front center mount because the bolt snapped.

IMG_1669.jpeg

… and I snapped off one of the rusty bolts, rearmost of the three frame rail on the right side.

Any recommendations for extracting it out of the torque box? Looks like a kind of flag nut in there.