Best Seat Covers

Brian

YJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Now that most of the mechanical stuff is done I am moving on to the body and interior. I don't want to make a mistake with seat covers. So asking for opinions on what is most liked. I do want full covers that do the entire seat, not the lace up the sides or bungie cords. I will remove my old to put the new ones on. Heard complaints that the neoprene are hot, but that would not bother me if they are the better choice. Canvas would be OK if someone makes them. I am rebuilding my tailgate at the moment.

One of these days I will post pics, but they are on my android phone and it always a problem to transfer to my mac. I have done it, it just takes time.

Had neoprenes, liked them at first, hated them quickly. Would not recommend them at all really. I have bestop seat covers now which are a bit loose and kind of sloppy fitting but they do the job and aren’t near as hot so I’m ok with them. I can post pics tomorrow maybe. I have them in my build thread somewhere if you want to go digging.

Reactions: Brian
I bought Trushield Neoprene seat covers from Extreme Terrain and I like them so far and have not noticed them being hot; however, it’s winter.

102C2A10-FED6-4E20-A398-0FD8B2BB4E54.jpeg

Reactions: Brian and Flyer58
I bought Trushield Neoprene seat covers from Extreme Terrain and I like them so far and have not noticed them being hot; however, it’s winter.

View attachment 119016
My problems were all Texas summer related. 110-115 out, no top/doors, would end up with my backside completely drenched by the time I reached my destination. Could be pretty embarrassing at times. Winter was fine.

My seat covers turned really nasty colors after being exposed to sun also, so try to protect them from that.

Cushioning wise, they were definitely more comfortable to have than not.

I get too soaked down by Houston and was thinking of getting some of these love beads to help. My drivers seat is splitting at the seams and the other two are dirty but still in good shape. A lot of people swear by them.

1639759312931.png

My problems were all Texas summer related. 110-115 out, no top/doors, would end up with my backside completely drenched by the time I reached my destination. Could be pretty embarrassing at times. Winter was fine.

My seat covers turned really nasty colors after being exposed to sun also, so try to protect them from that.

Cushioning wise, they were definitely more comfortable to have than not.
Oh yeah. Swamp butt is not a good look. Lol. We don’t get that kind of heat here in Washington.

Had neoprenes, liked them at first, hated them quickly. Would not recommend them at all really. I have bestop seat covers now which are a bit loose and kind of sloppy fitting but they do the job and aren’t near as hot so I’m ok with them. I can post pics tomorrow maybe. I have them in my build thread somewhere if you want to go digging.
Thanks for the info