Best Fuel Injectors?

If the four hole injector puts out a little too much will the ECM make corrections for a rich running engine?

When I was rebuilding my engine I soaked the injector tips in Sea Foam for a week or so. Not sure if it helped but the engine ran smooth from the beginning. I looked into new injectors but my head started spinning from all the differing opinions and facts so I gave up :)
Yes. Injectors are powered by ASD relay (controlled by PCM) 100% of the time the engine runs. The PCM individually controls the injectors by grounding them when it sees fit. So if it sees a rich condition coming from the O2 sensor then it will shut them off faster. The important thing is that the injectors can supply more fuel than the engine needs since they can be shut off early if needed. They can’t be pushed to get more fuel out of them than they’re rated for hence why ya don’t wanna go too low. But I don’t think 0.3 lb/hr would make any real world difference as I doubt the stockers are that close to the threshold.

But, so far I haven’t found any 4 holes that put out more than stock. The problem is our low operating PSI. Most injectors are rated for 49ish psi, by the time you scale their rating down to 39 psi they don’t suit the 21 lb/hr rating we need. So far the TJ ones will work for that but they aren’t 4 hole if anyone is specifically looking for 4 hole.

Reactions: Brian and Flyer58
Very informative, Thanks.

I just went digging through my notes and found a something referencing a Ford 19lb Type III yellow top injector but that's where I stopped. Also I think there is a difference between the 2.5L and 4.9L with OEM ones.

Very informative, Thanks.

I just went digging through my notes and found a something referencing a Ford 19lb Type III yellow top injector but that's where I stopped. Also I think there is a difference between the 2.5L and 4.9L with OEM ones.
Yeah the 4.0 guys are the ones this matters for. The 2.5ers use I believe 17 lb injectors at 39 psi, so virtually any option including the ones rated at 19 @ 49 psi should be fine.

I suppose you could end up too rich if the injectors flowed way too much and the computer couldn’t shut them off quickly enough, but I don’t think that’s much of a concern.

Reactions: Flyer58
If the four hole injector puts out a little too much will the ECM make corrections for a rich running engine?

When I was rebuilding my engine I soaked the injector tips in Sea Foam for a week or so. Not sure if it helped but the engine ran smooth from the beginning. I looked into new injectors but my head started spinning from all the differing opinions and facts so I gave up :)
My head is spinning with the cost, especially since I am not convinced it is an injector.
I would think if one was bad, it would stay bad. The engine miss is so erratic. Completely tuned up. I am thinking that maybe if there was some particle floating in the fuel rail, maybe it gets trapped in a injector for a while and then floats around again. Someone suggested the crank sensor, but that would not cause a miss would it? I thought it would just shut down. I am going to flush out the fuel rail and the injectors before I spend the bucks for new ones.

You said check engine light is on. Did you ever read that code? If not read it. Takes 5 minutes with your key.