Best Fuel Injectors?

Brian

YJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I have an intermittent miss in my 4.0. I just seems to come and go. Ice cold this am and started missing at the start, drove for 20 mins and it never went away (Ck engine light is on). Restarted 1 hr later, no miss and no engine light). Drove for 15 mins, then started missing and light came on. Pulled plug wires and it seemed to be #4 missing. Has all new tune up stuff done. One other time it was #3 missing.
I am going to bite the bullet and replace all injectors. What are your opinions as to the best?

HESCO.US has stock ones but they aren't cheap. I found some Bosch ones that flow about the same as stock which seemed decent but I can't remember the part numbers anymore. Most of the recommended bosch ones do not flow as much as stock. Not sure if it's a problem or not, but would hate to max out the injector because you bought ones that don't flow as much as stock.

Reactions: Brian
HESCO.US has stock ones but they aren't cheap. I found some Bosch ones that flow about the same as stock which seemed decent but I can't remember the part numbers anymore. Most of the recommended bosch ones do not flow as much as stock. Not sure if it's a problem or not, but would hate to max out the injector because you bought ones that don't flow as much as stock.
Thanks, I will do some research. Went to Hesco, Out of my league and price range. Have to look for some stock ones I guess

Last edited:
@SirDoopYJ ordered the 53030343 injectors from HESCO. Those are the original injectors for a 94-95 YJ that replaced the 91-93 injector model. HESCO swapped him out for 53030778 instead which are the TJ injector, they flow a bit higher. So when I buy injectors I will probably order the 53030343 in hopes that they will swap me to the TJ model as well. Not sure what you should do as a best choice. K suspension has a 4 hole Bosch option that gets pretty good reviews but they do flow a bit less than stock so I'm not sure I'd really want them myself.

Thanks, I will do some research. Went to Hesco, Out of my league and price range. Have to look for some stock ones I guess
The sad thing is the Hescos ARE stock. You can certainly try ones from the parts store or a bosch kit or something but they can be hit or miss on how they work after install.

Yeah, I believe I spent close to $500 for all 6 injectors. Do not run your Jeep without the temperature sending unit in the head lol. That is how I f'ed mine and had to buy the new one's. Odds are, the new injectors were needed anyways.

IIRC, the guy at HESCO told me he doesn't carry the YJ NOS injectors anymore, which is why he sent me the TJ one's instead. I received them in one or two days.

I think Dale who does the JeepSolid youtube channel bought the 4 hole injectors for his project 92. Not sure how those are, or if they make a difference. They were Crown, which are usually budget friendly, but I am not a fan of Crown because of other purchases I made with them.

Edit: Correction, the brand he used was ECCPP....$65.99 for all 6 it seems. LINK

I wonder if I should drop the coin on a new set of the 0778s before they inevitably end up unsupported too.

It is hard for me to say if it made a difference for mine, but I do have other things to swap out such as fuel pump and filter.
Yeah idk. Hate to spend the money needlessly, but I feel like mine could use refreshing and they definitely had the typical small cracks in the bodies and I swear I get very faint whiffs of fuel sometimes, so I'm pretty certain they'd be an improvement to be replaced. But would hate to do so and see basically no results. We'll see.

I think Dale who does the JeepSolid youtube channel bought the 4 hole injectors for his project 92. Not sure how those are, or if they make a difference. They were Crown, which are usually budget friendly, but I am not a fan of Crown because of other purchases I made with them.

Edit: Correction, the brand he used was ECCPP....$65.99 for all 6 it seems. LINK
After reading reviews I am not to sure about these ECCPP ones. I really should confirm they are working (getting a signal) before I spend $s!
@SirDoopYJ ordered the 53030343 injectors from HESCO. Those are the original injectors for a 94-95 YJ that replaced the 91-93 injector model. HESCO swapped him out for 53030778 instead which are the TJ injector, they flow a bit higher. So when I buy injectors I will probably order the 53030343 in hopes that they will swap me to the TJ model as well. Not sure what you should do as a best choice. K suspension has a 4 hole Bosch option that gets pretty good reviews but they do flow a bit less than stock so I'm not sure I'd really want them myself.
How do I know what my flow should be and then I don't see the flow rate listed on the new ones

After reading reviews I am not to sure about these ECCPP ones. I really should confirm they are working (getting a signal) before I spend $s!

How do I know what my flow should be and then I don't see the flow rate listed on the new ones
factory flow rate is 21.0 lbs at 39 psi. If the injectors you look at mention a flow rate at any PSI other than 39, you will have to do math to figure out the flow rate at 39 psi to compare them with stock.

For example, the TJ ones I mentioned are like 22.0 lbs at 39 PSI. They're rated for 23ish at 43.5 psi. Not trying to persuade you into those because I know they're way too expensive, just an example.

If I remember right, you have to take the square root of the psi difference and then multiply it by the original rating.

So....square root of 39/43.5 * 23 = 0.9468 * 23 = 21.7 lb at 39 psi

The actual rating on the TJ ones was 23.x (I don't remember exactly) so that's why the math ended up at 21.9/22 ish, not 21.7.

Most injectors are rated at 43 or 49 PSI so you'll definitely have to do some math to figure out what you want. Barely anything is run at 39 psi, that's a YJ thing. Hence why they need to be a higher flow injector to make up for the lower standard YJ pressure.

factory flow rate is 21.0 lbs at 39 psi. If the injectors you look at mention a flow rate at any PSI other than 39, you will have to do math to figure out the flow rate at 39 psi to compare them with stock.

For example, the TJ ones I mentioned are like 22.0 lbs at 39 PSI. They're rated for 23ish at 43.5 psi. Not trying to persuade you into those because I know they're way too expensive, just an example.

If I remember right, you have to take the square root of the psi difference and then multiply it by the original rating.

So....square root of 39/43.5 * 23 = 0.9468 * 23 = 21.7 lb at 39 psi

The actual rating on the TJ ones was 23.x (I don't remember exactly) so that's why the math ended up at 21.9/22 ish, not 21.7.

Most injectors are rated at 43 or 49 PSI so you'll definitely have to do some math to figure out what you want. Barely anything is run at 39 psi, that's a YJ thing. Hence why they need to be a higher flow injector to make up for the lower standard YJ pressure.
I had to print what you said because my brain will have absorb that slowly. The expensive ones are definitely are way out of my budget.

You could try these

They are 247 cc/min, which converts to 23.465 lb/hr. They are rated at 50 psi. Do the math on that and it comes to 20.7 lb/hr at 39 PSI. A bit lower than stock, but not by much. I highly doubt that would be a problem.

But they're $60 a piece so not really an economy option. I haven't really ever seen an "affordable" fuel injector. They're all pretty highly priced unless they are junky, sadly.

You could try these

They are 247 cc/min, which converts to 23.465 lb/hr. They are rated at 50 psi. Do the math on that and it comes to 20.7 lb/hr at 39 PSI. A bit lower than stock, but not by much. I highly doubt that would be a problem.

But they're $60 a piece so not really an economy option. I haven't really ever seen an "affordable" fuel injector. They're all pretty highly priced unless they are junky, sadly.
OMG I need to back to VW's. $57 each? Thanks for showing them to me but now in my budget

I had to print what you said because my brain will have absorb that slowly. The expensive ones are definitely are way out of my budget.
16753820.jpg

With the budget comments I'm going to suggest buying something from RockAuto. Standard motor products makes decent stuff. It's $38 an injector but they're the furthest down I'd go. Good reputation but the guys selling injectors for $25 each below SMP I don't know the reputation of at all so I wouldn't risk those...If budget is that important then maybe try them, but might be more headache than it's worth. Rockauto sucks to do returns with as they have no customer service, only an automated online system, so be ready for whatever you choose.

Yeah idk. Hate to spend the money needlessly, but I feel like mine could use refreshing and they definitely had the typical small cracks in the bodies and I swear I get very faint whiffs of fuel sometimes, so I'm pretty certain they'd be an improvement to be replaced. But would hate to do so and see basically no results. We'll see.
I get whiffs of oil when I let off gas. It isn't as bad since changing out my PVC thinga ma bobs.

If the four hole injector puts out a little too much will the ECM make corrections for a rich running engine?

When I was rebuilding my engine I soaked the injector tips in Sea Foam for a week or so. Not sure if it helped but the engine ran smooth from the beginning. I looked into new injectors but my head started spinning from all the differing opinions and facts so I gave up :)