Add-a-Leaf question

G

gixxerkid3

Hey guys, need some help. When I bought my jeep, it already had a 1.5” shackle lift and a 1”body lift. The PO had purchased an “add-a-leaf for the front and rear that they never installed and l am thinking of installing. Not sure yet. It should lift the jeep another 1.5” or so if I remember correctly and I don’t remember the manufacture name but they fit about 1 leaf up from the smallest stock leaf.
Question is, what kind of issues could I encounter or what things should I look for if I were to install?
Things like tranny/transfer/driveline/etc.
Thanks

Unless your Jeep has had a spring over mod done, it shouldn’t change the height at all.

Really? So when it says it will add height that is not correct? I’m confused or maybe I did not describe correctly? Will make it stiffer for sure.

In my exp add a leafs' do increase ride height. There are to many mfg's to guess what the ones you have, but prepare for a dump truck like ride.
Got it. Thanks. Don’t want that kind of ride. I will look at manufacturer when I get home. YJ’s comfort ride sux anyway. A tad bumpy. Lol

Got it. Thanks. Don’t want that kind of ride. I will look at manufacturer when I get home. YJ’s comfort ride sux anyway. A tad bumpy. Lol
I added a Procomp leaf on my XJ and bumped it up 2 inches. But was pretty bad ride and I had to take it off. XJ are spring over axle tho.

Last edited:
Unless these add a leaf springs have more arch than the rest of the spring pack, they should only stiffen and not raise on a spring under axle setup. On a spring over axle yes definitely.

Unless these add a leaf springs have more arch than the rest of the spring pack, they should only stiffen and not raise on a spring under axle setup. On a spring over axle yes definitely.
Got the info. They are “Protune” suspension. I have front and rear.

D0BB9A10-21D1-400C-A631-3C0DB75E021B.png

Add a leaf can lift a YJ but will definitely make the ride more harsh and I do think to some degree, it's not necessarily arching the spring much more but is instead making it much firmer so that the weight of the YJ doesn't negatively arch the spring as much as it did prior to the AAL.

Reactions: ytradio
I’m still hesitant. I don’t want any rougher ride.
Do you need more lift? If you don't, then I wouldn't install it simply because you have it. if you could benefit from more lift, then maybe, but at that point I'd say just do 2.5" springs and get the best results.

Do you need more lift? If you don't, then I wouldn't install it simply because you have it. if you could benefit from more lift, then maybe, but at that point I'd say just do 2.5" springs and get the best results.
That’s probably the right way to go. I don’t “need” more lift but it could use it just for the balanced look factor .