4WD high won't engage on my 93 YJ

Ryan

I have a 1993 Jeep yj that I bought and are restoring. I noticed that my for wheel drive only works in 4 low and not 4 high. The 4 wheel drive light comes on but it doesn’t engage. Does anyone know anything about this or know how to fix this?

I have a 1993 Jeep yj that I bought and are restoring. I noticed that my for wheel drive only works in 4 low and not 4 high. The 4 wheel drive light comes on but it doesn’t engage. Does anyone know anything about this or know how to fix this?
Need more information. If the light is coming on, then the vacuum actuated axle fork is indeed sliding over and engaging the front axle. The transfer case should be supplying power to the front driveshaft also at that point. What is not happening that makes you think something is wrong?

For what it’s worth, I can’t really “feel” 4HI until I make a turn and can somewhat hear and feel it in the steering.

My transmission mount had rotted away causing the transmission to lower a little. Witch caused it to not engage all the time. For what ever reason at the time it would only engage in 4 low. After installing a new mount it works good as new. Thanks for the reply’s