1995 Jeep Wiring Problem

machoheadgames

Certified YJ Researcher
Supporting Member
Well I mean it made it however long (plenty of years) so I wouldn’t say it’s really a fail point. My guess is the blower motor is an odd design that requires the power to be grounded like that. I personally have no idea but I’m certain it’s not for no reason wired like that. But since you won’t ever be plugging anything into C213, you could certainly leave it how you made it (disconnected from diode/ground) and call it done for good if you wanted to.

jeepjoe43

YJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
The only reasons I can see for the diode is so one thing doesn't backfeed another, or to protect electronic controls from the collapsing field of a relay, (or anything else with a winding) it's usually connected backwards between the field terminals.

Don't know if it will help, but I still have the AC unit out of mine with all the plugs.
Will post some pics when I get some batteries for my camera tomorrow. (you'd think I'd be able to find 2 AA's, it's an Old camera)
Inquiring minds...

machoheadgames

Certified YJ Researcher
Supporting Member
Yeah the diode is so the power can go to ground without blowing the fuse, but I don’t understand why the power needed to go to ground to begin with? First I’ve ever heard of that. No clue.