Yj valve cover changes

mentoz98

Does anyone have any info about changes to the 2.5 yj valve cover? My mechanic got a good valve cover from the junk yard for me but it didn't have the oil filler cap. I have bought many new caps but they are too big. Does any one have any info on a valve cover with a smaller oil cap?

Cant speak for hole size but 87 thru 90IIRC uses a plastic one, Stant 10085. Then 91 thru 95 the last year of the YJ uses a metal one like a Stant 10066.

Cant speak for hole size but 87 thru 90IIRC uses a plastic one, Stant 10085. Then 91 thru 95 the last year of the YJ uses a metal one like a Stant 10066.
I haven't quite figured this one. I've seen many YJs with a metal cap like that Stand 10066, but mine is not like that. I can't figure out what Jeep got what cap. Doesn't seem to be a year thing because I've seen pretty much all the 91-95 years have one or the other.

Been a while since I looked but IIRC the early plastic capped VC's have a smaller hole. I'll have to measure the one on my 91 and post up the size. I do have a metal one on my 91.

Been a while since I looked but IIRC the early plastic capped VC's have a smaller hole. I'll have to measure the one on my 91 and post up the size. I do have a metal one on my 91.
Sorry, not talking about the early plastic which was more like a plug. Mine is basically The metal cap but wrapped in plastic. I’ll send a pic When I get a chance. But I was referring to what I have, vs the metal one you’re talking about. They screw onto the VC the same, but I can’t figure out why/when one was used over the other.