YJ A999 Rebuild & Install

WhyJ?

Hoping for a little technical help on my 89 YJ automatic transmission rebuild. Upon reinstall, it doesn't appear to me to be seated properly. Top of bell housing went flush, but about 1/4 of flywheel exposure outside bell housing. So, I took it out again...which I am getting good at. Anyway, pump is torqued down properly and looks right(?), and the torque converter dropped significantly in. Anyone see anything in these pics that doesn't look right? Suggestions?
IMG-9974.JPG
IMG-9975.JPG
IMG-9976.JPG
IMG-9977.JPG
IMG-9978.JPG

Hi, When installing the TC it should drop down twice as you are turning it. It had to be lower than the bellhousing.
Thanks
Ralph

You need to spin that converter more and move it back and forth a half turn each way back and forth while pushing down on it. you are not all the way in. Glad you didn't try to tighten it up woulda have broken your front pump.

youtube
how someone installed any A/T box. (endless examples , watch them first. even do the clamp trick to keep TC from falling out as it goes in.
it must be spun to dog it in (splines make that true)
the jeep manual also says the CKP will be wrecked, if not pulled first. and as A/T box in inserted it can wreck the CKP (crank sensor ) if 89 has one that is.
gee the bell housing there is cracked.
just below the level in the photo. just above the starter cracked/
my brand new cataract (gone now) eyeball lenses make this possible, GRIN ! I have vision of 19year old now.