Windshield hinge small holes Thread size

Thom Hurd

On my Windshield hinges there are 4 smaller threaded holes, anyone know what the thread size is and what they are for, I would like to fab a bracket foe Lights.

Thanks
Tom

Unless my hinges are different, I don't see any open holes. Only the mounting screws.

Screenshot_20210404-151710_Gallery.jpg

They're for a CJ5-7, possibly an early Wrangler and the holes are for the side view mirrors.
As for thread, I would guess 1/4'-20.

Last edited:
Thank you, they were on the Jeep when I bought it, and of Curiously got the best of me, Thanks again.
You are welcome, Looking at your "about" I see your's IS an early YJ, they're probably original.
And they would make dandy mounts for a light bar.
Do check to see if the holes also go through the windshield frame though.
BTW, I like your front bumper...

You are welcome, Looking at your "about" I see your's IS an early YJ, they're probably original.
And they would make dandy mounts for a light bar.
Do check to see if the holes also go through the windshield frame though.
BTW, I like your front bumper...
Thanks, bought is as it looks in the pic, now personalizing it, have added Rock lights and front light bar, and you read my mind, even though the pages are somewhat faded, My first thought when I saw them was Light bar mounts, there are no holes behind them, so seeing how much of a PIA It is to get to the nuts, drilling is out, They are definitely aftermarket, power coated and new looking.

Reactions: jeepjoe43
Thanks, bought is as it looks in the pic, now personalizing it, have added Rock lights and front light bar, and you read my mind, even though the pages are somewhat faded, My first thought when I saw them was Light bar mounts, there are no holes behind them, so seeing how much of a PIA It is to get to the nuts, drilling is out, They are definitely aftermarket, power coated and new looking.
The holes should be tapped, holes in the windshield frame would just there be to clear the excess length of the bolts.
Your's doesn't have them, the brackets are aftermarket.
Easy enough to mark and drill if needs be, though you'll have to take windshield off. No biggy.