Florida Wheel Alignment Shop in South Florida

Whiplash2130

YJ Enthusiast
For all you South Florida Jeepers out there: What shop should I take my YJ (‘93) for wheel alignment? I live in Okeechobee and will travel +/- 100 miles to get it done right!

You can pretty much do it in your driveway. Toe and steering wheel alignment are easily done by adjusting the drag link and tie rod. Use a tape measure and get the tires roughly 3/16" closer together in the front than the rear. Measure off of a common point on the tread.

Caster is rarely adjusted, but can be done if necessary using shims. Camber is fixed. If your camber is off, your axle is bent, and you have bigger problems.

Reactions: Whiplash2130
You can pretty much do it in your driveway. Toe and steering wheel alignment are easily done by adjusting the drag link and tie rod. Use a tape measure and get the tires roughly 3/16" closer together in the front than the rear. Measure off of a common point on the tread.

Caster is rarely adjusted, but can be done if necessary using shims. Camber is fixed. If your camber is off, your axle is bent, and you have bigger problems.
As always, I thank you guys for the replies! I just don’t want to do it myself! Jus got it back from a 4x4 shop that does not have equipment to do the job! Steering wheel is off about 30 degrees. Seems to drive straight and handles good.

Reactions: Steel City 06
It's a pretty basic alignment job so I would think any shop with that does alignments could do it.

I recently aligned mine using the method Steel City posted using short lengths of square tubing and here's what I came across.

The Jeep drove ok and held a straight line but the wheels toed out close to 3/4 inch. You could see the difference just by looking at them and the steering wheel was straight. After getting the wheels aligned the steering wheel was off by 10 degrees to the left but it still held a straight line when driving.

Straightening the steering wheel should have been relatively easy except one rod end on the drag link was frozen solid. I popped the tie end off and removed the drag link from the Pittman arm and locked it in a bench vice to get some heat and a really big wrench on it to finally get the tie end out. PITA.

Reactions: Whiplash2130