What is this on my leaf spring? Are front and rear the same?

Tev

Idk what this thing is on my rear also that’s only way I know it’s a rear.
image.jpg

That is shim to adjust the pinion angle. This is the easier way to do it as opposed to changing the spring perches themselves.

I deleted the other topic you started since it was similar.

The difference between front and rear leafs on a yj is the number of leaves. It depends on accessories such as winch, hardtop etc to determine how heavy of a spring pack you need.

Reactions: DOWNS and Tev
the shims set 2 things, caster front and pinion angle.(both ends)
and what to do varies by lift height, stock springs, zero lift, and more , after market springs.
do not run 0 caster, in front ever, 6 is natural up front. for safe steering.
mine are 2" lift new springs. (and)
zero shims front and The welded on C to C knuckles are 6 degr factory set (hard) front.
and the rear springs new,had small shims in the kit, that tilts axle pinion up just a tad.

the factory car has a choices of leafs. based on things like snow plow option and more. as Pman sad so clear.
what you have are going to do , not told.

Reactions: DOWNS
the shims set 2 things, caster front and pinion angle.(both ends)
and what to do varies by lift height, stock springs, zero lift, and more , after market springs.
do not run 0 caster, in front ever, 6 is natural up front. for safe steering.
mine are 2" lift new springs. (and)
zero shims front and The welded on C to C knuckles are 6 degr factory set (hard) front.
and the rear springs new,had small shims in the kit, that tilts axle pinion up just a tad.

the factory car has a choices of leafs. based on things like snow plow option and more. as Pman sad so clear.
what you have are going to do , not told.
Ya just can’t get any clearer than that.