What are these steering column nubs?

Btw, the person that posted the thread states that 'once the installation pins are driven in, they can't be driven back out' which makes since...why have a security collar that can be easily defeated with a set if tools? This'll no doubt complicate the installation of your dash panel...I hate to complicate your build, but you might have to pull the column, install the panel then reinstall the column from the inside...

It's a security device just to slow people down, thwart crimes of oppertunity. Like all locks, they keep honest people honest, and scare off lazy criminals.

If they're solid pins, they're in for good. But his pics look like split roll pins. Given enough effort, I'm sure some kind of puller could be made. I wonder if putting a screw in them or an eze-out. Pliers... slide hammer...?

Installation lost from a GBody forum...still researching the factory instructions...

I think you're right, to keep it on there. I 'll just have to cut out the dashboard to make it fit. Will post pics when it's done. Thanks a ton for your help

That dash is beautiful, don't cut it if you don't have to.
Try drilling the pins first, may not work, but it's worth a shot...Just an idea.
Y'know, I ended up doing cutting it since I did want to keep the device on for the future. It actually came out great, and I have this Steering Column cover which will mask it. It came out a lot better than I thought. Pictures soon

Huge thanks to you guys who posted and did the research, I ended up keeping the security device on and cutting a little off the dash to slip it over the column.

Once that bib went on it came out prefect.

IMG_1788.jpg
IMG_1790.jpg
IMG_1791.jpg
IMG_17293.jpg

IMG_1785.jpg

Reactions: Carnage_95yj
What's the history on the column? Somebody may have added those nut plate brackets as part of an aftermarket steering column lock...the housing should have nothing on it between the PRNDL indicator and the steering wheel either on top or bottom...
I used a tilt steering column out of a Trans Am 1989, had to cut the bracket off