Weber (knockoff) pouring fuel

the_marshal

Greetings from Tennessee! Long time reader, new member with an issue... 1989 YJ with Weber (I assume a knockoff, only a serial number plate, no stampings. Recently and suddenly pouring fuel from...hole/port? under bowl... still cranks/idles fine, not sure what I'm looking at here. Pics attached. Any ideas?

20230912_171905.jpg

20230907_173945.jpg

That port where the fuel is coming out looks very clean so I suspect it's been happening for a while.

I don't know anything about that carb but having tinkered with carbs for 50+ years I know that either a weak float valve or high fuel pressure will cause the bowl to overflow just like you see.

Have you changed the fuel pump lately? Can you check the fuel pressure? You may need a fuel regulator to bring the pressure down to 3 to 4 psi.

Thanks for replying, it's clean because I wiped it off to get a better look, it was as dingy as the rest of carb, and no changes have been made otherwise, new radiator/waterpump recently but that's it. Just a weird deal, I drove jeep into woods to freshen a few setups for archery season, drove home parked it, no deal. Moved it a few hours later and noticed it pouring from under jeep and obviously smelled it...... got me puzzled a bit.

I did a quick k look at carbs for the YJ and I didn't see anything like that one. I think you need to identify it and hopefully find what that port is.

I'm still thinking a stuck float. But you'll need to find gaskets to do some troubleshooting.

I did a quick k look at carbs for the YJ and I didn't see anything like that one. I think you need to identify it and hopefully find what that port is.

I'm still thinking a stuck float. But you'll need to find gaskets to do some troubleshooting.
Identifying it has been trying at best. I've pulled top of carb, checked float and nothing stood out, moved as should. I may try to plug port and tool around the house and see what it does. I appreciate it. ^

Identifying it has been trying at best. I've pulled top of carb, checked float and nothing stood out, moved as should. I may try to plug port and tool around the house and see what it does. I appreciate it. ^
I'm guessing you have it together again but if not try spraying carb cleaner or compressed air into that hole and see where it comes out inside the carb.