Trying to figure out how to remove the cigarette lighter assembly

Piratesailor

Has anyone removed the “cigar” lighter? I’ve been trying to figure it out. Don’t want to break the housIng.

And … you need to be a midget or a contortionist to get to the wiring and fuse box. My 93 has the aftermarket A/C so it blocks some access. But even without that, the fuse box is difficult to reach. What the ^&*( where they thinking. I though working on a boat in small places was hard….

You’re trying to delete the circuit back to the fuse box I guess?

To get to the back of the fuse box, you need to undo the bulkhead on the engine side, then undo the fuse box bolts and pull it off the firewall. Not sure you’ll be able to work on it then even unless you remove the dash and free up the looms. You can’t really do anything at the fuse box until you get behind it.

Not trying to delete the circuit. I’m actually trying to get the cig lighter to work so I can use it as a charger for my phone. Actually I think I’ll remove the ash tray and use that space for a charging stattion.

Separate to that, accessing the fuse box under the dash is a royal pain.. but it all seems to be working.

Last edited:
Well, I have the cig lighter housing removed. Once I got around to it, it was easy. 3 screws. Allowed me to pull off the wires and test them for voltage…. Zip. So I’ll trace and figure out the issue Along with checking out the fuses.

Fuse. Problem solved. found a power station to replace the ashtray and lighter. It’s a cig lighter port and two usb ports. ill buy it and install tomorrow and post a pic

Reactions: zebraranger
Installed the new power port as a replacement for the cig lighter and ashtray. Went in well and works well.

IMG_4136.jpeg

IMG_4135.jpeg

Reactions: ACKyj
It’s a 1993. The good news is that I was able to work on it all without have to crawl under anything. Just a little bit of contortion and being 6’7”, it was a challenge. So far it’s worked well. I’ll probably install one on the passenger side too