Transfer case shifter doesn't line up

Renegade426

Starting a new project hoping for a little help. 91 wrangler 4.0 ax15 transfer case shift mechanism does not line up. May be one off an ax5? Can someone help identify shifter and get me on the road to the proper one that works. Thanks in advance. Who knows what's been done with this one was in a box when I bought it

I just happen to have my AX-5 shifter on my bench. Looking at the parts catalog it looks like different numbers. I don't know the differences though. There's no part number stamped on it that I could find.

1a.jpg

AX-5 side and top views

1aa.jpg

1aaa.jpg

Reactions: Chris
Thanks for the info. The ax5 version looks different. I can not find any part numbers as well. I believe I identified the trans correctly. There's no telling what mods this thing's been thru.

Reactions: Flyer58
This one doesnt look super tweaked. Hate to grab. Another that won't work. I'm either overlooking something or there's been a mod I can't identify. Wonder if they grabbed an auto version?

Reactions: Flyer58
This one doesnt look super tweaked. Hate to grab. Another that won't work. I'm either overlooking something or there's been a mod I can't identify. Wonder if they grabbed an auto version?

I understand. I should have said the ebay link was just to compare the pictures of the AX15 shifter.

I appreciate it. I'm thinking now it's a swap and most likely newer trans so in gonna look into 93 + shifters look like 90 and 91 were specific

I've seen those and there interesting especially with the cable engage at front axle. But doing a budget right now. Never mind the fj up front

1591576269111279871858448980492.jpg