Tires hitting springs on sharp turns

BuckeyeJeep

Hi guys,
Put a 4" suspension lift on my 95. Running 33x12.5 tires. Put the lift on in December and didnt notice any rubbing on anything when the steering wheel was all the way turned.
The other day I was messing with the drag link adjusting tube trying to get my steering wheel straight. After that, i noticed when turning hard to the driver side my tires are hitting my springs......
Could the culprit be the adjusting tube? Or maybe it was always like that since the lift and I never noticed?
Appreciate any thoughts or advice. Thanks

The lift pulled your drag link up enough (basically shortening its reach) that you couldn’t turn your tires enough to rub the 33’s on the springs.

No big deal, add a washer under the steering stop to keep you from turning the tire into the spring. I don’t remember which side steering drop needs to be adjusted. If you’re rubbing the back of the left tire when turning left, then I think you need to adjust the right side steering stop? I’d have to look closer at mine.

So did I “lengthen” the bar when I was messing with it for my steering wheel? And that’s why I now see the rub?
And yes you are correct, turning a hard left causes the back of the tire to get into the spring a little

So did I “lengthen” the bar when I was messing with it for my steering wheel? And that’s why I now see the rub?
And yes you are correct, turning a hard left causes the back of the tire to get into the spring a little
Yes, you didn't notice it before because you lifted the Jeep at the same time so you never got the rub. Now you've got your steering reach back to stock but with the larger tires, so you feel it. It's as if you threw on 33's on a stock rig but with 4" of vertical clearance now. You pretty much always feel some rub with 33's or larger unless you use shallower wheels that place the tires further out.

The steering stop adjustment is super easy and should fix it completely if it's a light rub. The steering stops are on the front side of the axle, bolted into the steering knuckles. The right side steering stop will be the one you want to limit the left turn rubbing. You should be good after you add a washer under it and screw it back down.