Thinking about a YJ

woland8816

Hi everyone,

New here and thinking about a YJ with a straight 6 and some minor issues, then there’s the rust. This is the worst of it. What does this cost to repair, and is it even suitable for the weld-on kits or is this a frame replacement? Many thanks for your help.
1711204062768.jpeg

I wouldn't drive it with that rust. Patch kits are available, do you have a welder?

If you're paying someone else for all the repairs I'd recommend finding a better YJ that needs less work.

Thanks so much for that advice! I can weld but am not looking for a project. It’s a1995 in otherwise good shape and is going for approximately $4,000. I was thinking that of another $1000 to 1500 would cover the repair it would be worth it.

Hrm... Just my opinion but my jeep has some obvious rust on the fenders front and rear of about a 3 inch spot here and there except the front driver that got hit at one point and rotted through. My point is I have some rust but with the 95 it is galvanized so not normally as bad as other years, I have checked my frame end to end and am lucky I have a decent one at this point. My last yj was about like but luckily it was in a few spots that were not right on the shackle like the one your looking at or I would never have bought it. I have a plasma cutter and a multiprocess welder and the rust on the body I will fix myself but, that is alot of frame rust and unless you are very good with a welder or can take the tub off to weld it up I would pass if I was you. Again, just my opinion.