Speedometer quit working on 93 YJ

Kegman

Help! 93 wrangler speedometer quit working. I have replaced the speed sensor, the speed wheel that fits into the speed sensor and I have signal from the sensor to the gage, but still can’t get the speedometer to work. I also sent the speedo out to be checked and it works fine. I don’t know what else to do. Any ideas would be appreciated.

How’d you verify the signal?

If you replaced the sensor, it probably came with a pigtail to update you to the 1998+ Jeep VSS connector - right? Are you sure you got that wiring right?

Are you sure you installed the speed sensor back into the transfer case in the proper orientation so that the gear actually spins? There are 3 positions it can go back in and only one will work. Depends on the tooth count of the gear which determines its size.

Reactions: T-Rex Jeepster
How’d you verify the signal?

If you replaced the sensor, it probably came with a pigtail to update you to the 1998+ Jeep VSS connector - right? Are you sure you got that wiring right?

Are you sure you installed the speed sensor back into the transfer case in the proper orientation so that the gear actually spins? There are 3 positions it can go back in and only one will work. Depends on the tooth count of the gear which determines its size.

He's absolutely right about "Clocking" The plug to position before locking the fork down down......

Whole thing

Gonna be a bitch....But OHM the wiring and look for a break....Paging Dr. Macho Head Games.......

21b75111bd84c4367%2Ftumblr_nb78eq3jUD1s2wio8o1_500.gif