Sometimes Starts

raca65

Good Morning have a 1995 YJ 4.0 Automatic 125k and built in Canada, that runs sometimes for a little while then shuts down. I have redone every electrical part from the ECU to the Map sensor, crank,cam,coil etc everything has been changed with a running Jeep part or it is new parts. The Jeep sometimes has spark and sometimes doesn't. When it does run it runs great. I will drive it around the yard and all of a sudden it dies. Starts right back up and dies. Then sometimes it doesn't start at all. I have fuel so that isn't it. This happened all of a sudden nothing changed we just drove it and NO WORK had been done to it when this original started. Was pulling the Jeep out of the garage and it shut down. No spark. It isn't as I said all the time it is intermittent and driving me crazy. Any ideas? To me it seems to be something that is failing and the computer is shutting down the motor? Is that possible and what could be the problem? We have replaced all the parts possible at it and problem still there. Ground somewhere? I am at a lose any ideas would be appreciated. Also we have no codes

Last edited:
Does it ever die if you are on the throttle? Will holding the throttle down ensure that it starts?

Edit: you said spark, nevermind. I can’t think of why you would be getting intermittent spark after changing all of those. Possible one of them was bad?

Could be bad ASD relay, bad ignition switch, etc. since those essentially control spark, just further up the line.