Replace Vacuum Unit at the end of injector rail?

Bryan

Hi All, new member here. I need to replace the vacuum unit that's on the end of injector rail (see picture). This is on my 1995 CJ 4.0L The rubber is completely shot. I not finding this part, after checking the online parts sites I've used in the past, . Some of the problem might be that I not sure of the exact part name. Appreciate any help with the actual part name and where I can find this replacement part? Thanks in advance. Bryan

Vacuum unit end of injector rail.JPG

It’s the fuel pressure regulator.

The rubber is part of the hose. So you might want to rig up your own piece of hose.

Thread resurrection:

I also need to replace the vacuum line from the manifold to the fuel regulator.

Problem is I can’t find a part number anywhere, and the two ends have different diameters, so generic vacuum line won’t fit well.

Is there a specific replacement part available? Or should I just rig up a replacement with various vacuum connectors/adapters/hose?

Thread resurrection:

I also need to replace the vacuum line from the manifold to the fuel regulator.

Problem is I can’t find a part number anywhere, and the two ends have different diameters, so generic vacuum line won’t fit well.

Is there a specific replacement part available? Or should I just rig up a replacement with various vacuum connectors/adapters/hose?
I think you can buy new elbows and put them onto your old line if the line itself is alright. If the line is bad you’re probably best off buying a vacuum hose sized for the smaller of the two ends, and stretching it over the larger end. Then use some small hose clamps to secure. Not ideal and not pretty but works.

Me, I'd redo the whole fuel regulator along with a set of injectors. Think I bought a set of six for around 150.00 They have around ten thou on them and are doing great. Bought the regulator from O'Reilly's for 80.00. Always add about 4 oz of Mystery oil to every tank to keep them "Wet" And provides a little upper cylinder lube.

Reactions: ytradio