Pilot Bearing stress

rgirardi

Hi, I have a 1988 4.2 that I am swapping out the Peugeot for an AX 15 from a 1995 wrangler. So far the two pilot bearing I have bought do not fit both. The one that fits the trans. is to small for the crank. And the opposite is true for the other one. Does anyone have a part number for the correct one.
Thanks
Ralph

Hi, I have a 1988 4.2 that I am swapping out the Peugeot for an AX 15 from a 1995 wrangler. So far the two pilot bearing I have bought do not fit both. The one that fits the trans. is to small for the crank. And the opposite is true for the other one. Does anyone have a part number for the correct one.
Thanks
Ralph
I would call Novak transmission, they have pilot bushings for transmission swaps in jeeps.

Hi,
Thank you, I have ordered the correct bushing from them. I found the link in another Jeep forum. The challenge is if you are connecting a pre 91 4.2 and AX 15 all is good. Then they went and changed the input shaft to a bigger diameter for the 4.0. All is good though now. Funny the shipping cost more than the part.
Thanks again
Ralph

Reactions: ytradio