Pesky Dash Lights

Ed Peek

Just bought a YJ but dash lights don’t work. Fuse good. Dimmer switch cleaned and working. Replaced all bulbs. Aftermarket stuff is likely grounding (right?). Removed radio and sound bar. No luck. I have a wench, driving lights and rear warning lights, too that. Will disconnect. Any other ideas of why they might not work? Thx!!!! Ed

I'm assuming you have a voltage meter or circuit test light. Things like this are a pain and all I ever did was start at a point where you know you have power and follow the wires looking for a break or open circuit. Slow and painful especially when there's a rats nest behind the dash like mine. I cleaned out about 20ft of unused wire from previous owners installing three radio harnesses and lights.

Make sure the frame/body has a good clean ground to the battery too. Corrosion is you enemy. Every single connection in my Jeep was dirty or corroded. Cleaning them solved 99% of my problems.

Thx! I was hoping for a gremlin that experienced users could warn me of! I am doing exactly as u say but I now have no turn signals so clearly I am bumping something or grounding / shorting. It will be fun! Ha. Thx!

Reactions: Flyer58