Non YJ seats in a YJ

ShawnM

I suppose a piece of plate steel bolted to the existing seat mounts would be a good starting point for you to fit any kind of seat you wanted within reason, no?

Any you fellers got non Jeep seats in your Jeep? I’ve blown lots of cash (for me, who’s poor) on my update and it’s time for some comfy new looking, but not new seats

Seat replacement (direct bolt in, no mods needed)

Sunfire ‘95-‘03 2dr only

Cavalier ‘95-‘03 2dr only

Sunbird ‘99-‘01 2dr only

Olds Achieva ‘96-‘97

Grand Am ‘95-‘01

Grand Prix ‘95-‘01

PT Cruiser ‘01 - ‘05

Pontiac Solstice

Saturn Sky

Reactions: Steel City 06
Seat replacement (direct bolt in, no mods needed)

Sunfire ‘95-‘03 2dr only

Cavalier ‘95-‘03 2dr only

Sunbird ‘99-‘01 2dr only

Olds Achieva ‘96-‘97

Grand Am ‘95-‘01

Grand Prix ‘95-‘01

PT Cruiser ‘01 - ‘05

Pontiac Solstice

Saturn Sky
Now a Solstice seat I would be down with! Most of the others I’d say no just on principle, but great list!

I need to weld in a drivers side floor pan and I want to know how I can get the four rusty seat bolt out. They look more like old burnt cigars and the nuts are almost hidden inside the support channel. Grrr.. another challenge.

I need to weld in a drivers side floor pan and I want to know how I can get the four rusty seat bolt out. They look more like old burnt cigars and the nuts are almost hidden inside the support channel. Grrr.. another challenge.
Been soaking them plus body mount bolts and leaf spring stuff in PB Blaster and SeaFoam for the last week. Passenger side came out easy but drivers wouldn’t move and after breaking a body mount bolt on my first try I don’t want that happening again. Fingers crossed

My driver side has two flat head body bolts and two regular hex bolts. the passender side has four hex head bolts so someone has had them out before. Looking at the bolt shank the threads are so badly they're falling off. At this point I think quickly snapping them off would be the easy option so I can at least get the seat out and replace them with good grade 8 bolts.

Nice, those brackets are pretty much exactly like what I built for the Sprinter van seats I’m using.
DO they lower the seat in the YJ? Looking at buying a YJ, but it has upgraded seats and I barely get my right leg past the steering wheel! I see some mods for lowering, but it sure would be easier to find either lower seats or a lower base.

They are about an inch lower actually. Too bad thee old ones went to the dump yesterday or I could measure, might even be more. They don’t recline but they have a very comfortable built in angle and fold flat frontwards which is nice for accessing crap on the drivers side.