Need schooling on building a turbo kit for my 4.0 from scratch

T-Rex Jeepster

The Unoffendable
Supporting Member
Anywhere I can go here/there and get ALL the info I need, ie. Fuel set up, ECM, Size of exhaust behind turbo,
All the bug-a-boos I need to know to install a Holset turbo. Not looking for a hot-rod, Just wanting power on the interstate
above 70.....Any/All help is appreciated!

Reactions: Chris
Can’t help with the turbo advice, but this is precisely why I would have kept the 4.10s over going back to 3.07…highway is why I like low gears. Personally I’d do that over a turbo.

In my nearly decade of owning a YJ I have not seen hardly any infos for turbos. There was an Eaton M90 supercharger option and it still exists but the results are not great. Typically anyone who wants more power regears it and calls it good, which it usually is if you choose a good ratio. So I’d undo the 3.07s personally.

Last edited:
Can’t help with the turbo advice, but this is precisely why I would have kept the 4.10s over going back to 3.07…highway is why I like low gears. Personally I’d do that over a turbo.

In my nearly decade of owning a YJ I have not seen hardly any infos for turbos. There was an Eaton M90 supercharger option and it still exists but the results are not great. Typically anyone who wants more power regears it and calls it good, which it usually is if you choose a good ratio. So I’d undo the 3.07s personally.
For what I do with it.....Not an option..........Going with the turbo, I likes to be different.................:sneaky:

Anywhere I can go here/there and get ALL the info I need, ie. Fuel set up, ECM, Size of exhaust behind turbo,
All the bug-a-boos I need to know to install a Holset turbo. Not looking for a hot-rod, Just wanting power on the interstate
above 70.....Any/All help is appreciated!
Only saw one, in san diego,i heard it coming,no hood on it ,turbo would not allow stock hood, there is a lot of issues to make this happen. A super charger or nitrous system would do the job an save you a lot of cash.