My seat sets too high.

Stoopid Jeep

YJ Enthusiast
I have to duck to see traffic lights. When I look left or right I am looking at the top of the doors (especially with the soft doors). I need to lower my seat at least an inch possibly 2. Any ideas?

Not an easy or potentially cheap fix but Im kinda in the same boat plus ny floor pan is cracked at one base and clicks when you hit a bump and somebody is riding shotgun. My thoughts are to fab up a completely new mounting system with square stock and have it bolted in at the sides of the body completely off the floor. That way I can nix the crappy mounts and add whatever seats I want as well as my bestops are kinda sucky.

Any aftermarket seat will sit way too high. If you have stock seats then I’d be surprised if you feel THAT high unless you’re really tall in the torso.

The only real solution is a stock seat if you are aftermarket, and/or cutting and rewelding the stock brackets. That is not a fun time for any of the flip forward brackets. Lots of geometry to get right there. The driver side non-flip can be relatively simple by cutting out an inch or so and rewelding back.

Any aftermarket seat will sit way too high. If you have stock seats then I’d be surprised if you feel THAT high unless you’re really tall in the torso.

The only real solution is a stock seat if you are aftermarket, and/or cutting and rewelding the stock brackets. That is not a fun time for any of the flip forward brackets. Lots of geometry to get right there. The driver side non-flip can be relatively simple by cutting out an inch or so and rewelding back.
I do have after market seats (Smittybilt) and that definitely compounded the problem. The stock seats were annoyingly high, the stock seats are even worse. I am very tall when I set down. I am 6' tall and set taller than most people that are 6'4". So yeah, I guess "tall in the torso" sums it up pretty well.
Don't care about the passenger seat as much, I guess I better bust out the cutoff wheel and welder. An inch shorter should do fine.